Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

It's back: QR ARN-AKL 2050 usd rt/ai

Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP

Valid until the end of May as far as I can see. Books in R. The price includes the 15% discount on base fare once you subscribe to QR's mailing list. Be aware that some days you will find short connections while other days you'll need the STPC service and might go for a tour around DOH.

Minimum stay 5 days since departure. I booked leaving on thursday and flying back on Monday.

Example (without the 15% discount)

http://goo.gl/flights/i6Ad
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Outbound -
travel is not permitted 27jun 17 through 27jul 17 for
departure from fare origin.
Inbound -
travel is not permitted 01aug 17 through 15aug 17 for
departure of first international sector.

Rjsep5ze
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Great fare! And UK based members in particular don't forget to go via a cashback website such as topcashback for a further % off. Sometimes they don't pay out if you use a promo code but it's worth a try - they have done in the past for me.

And also.. that 0400 arrival time in AKL is awful!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by SCLflyer
The price includes the 15% discount on base fare once you subscribe to QR's mailing list.
Where does one find this 15%? I see where to sign up for the mailing list, and got the welcome email, but nothing about 15%

Much thanks
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I want this. But having to position from the US means this is a week-long affair.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:56 pm

Similar price from OSL. Combine departure from OSL & return to ARN and save a few extra euros.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:24 am

thanks OP. see if I can make this work. until when can it be booked?

I did the long layover to Adelaide last year and quite liked it. You are well looked after, I spent most of the day sleeping and relaxing and I arrived refreshed in Adelaide with almost no jetlag. If not pressed for time a good way to start a holiday IMHO.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
I want this. But having to position from the US means this is a week-long affair.
Flew this on their Festival fare (same ~$2050 USD) from OSL in Feb.

Positioning from the US does add time, but the flights are great EQD-earners for AA. And 5 days in NZ barely scratches the surface! Tempted to go it again -- but for 2 wks+.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: One World, Virgin
Originally Posted by Jestner
Where does one find this 15%? I see where to sign up for the mailing list, and got the welcome email, but nothing about 15%

Much thanks
Bump to this. I joined their newsletter but cant find anything about 15% discount. Please advise
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:09 pm

From their website:

Thank you for letting us be part of your journey in 2016. As the year comes to an end, we would like to offer you a small token of appreciation.
Save up to 10% off Economy Class tickets and up to 15% off Premium Class tickets* when you book using the promo code ThankYou2016. Book your ticket from 21 December 2016 and 3 January 2017 for travel between 11 January and 14 June 2017.
We look forward to welcoming you on board as we continue to go places together.

Looks like the 15% promo ended.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: One World, Virgin
Originally Posted by chrisratz
From their website:

Thank you for letting us be part of your journey in 2016. As the year comes to an end, we would like to offer you a small token of appreciation.
Save up to 10% off Economy Class tickets and up to 15% off Premium Class tickets* when you book using the promo code ThankYou2016. Book your ticket from 21 December 2016 and 3 January 2017 for travel between 11 January and 14 June 2017.
We look forward to welcoming you on board as we continue to go places together.

Looks like the 15% promo ended.
ahhh well - thanks for the info
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys, so this is the email I received form QR after subscribing to their newsletter (earlier this week):

Thank you for signing up

As a subscriber, you will be among the first to know about our special promotions. Exclusive offers and travel inspiration to more than 150 places around the world will now find their way directly to your inbox. Your next big adventure is only an email away.

We look forward to being part of your next memorable journey.
Qatar Airways
Enjoy up to 15% off*
when you book by 24 April 2017
Use promo code: XXXXXXXXXX
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA G
That was an earlier promotion. Here's the text from the website earlier this week:

Enjoy up to 15% off* on Economy and Premium Class tickets when you subscribe to the Qatar Airways newsletter by 30 April.*Terms and conditions apply
I can't see that on the site anymore, so it looks like the promo got pulled early
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Here's a direct link from my history.. hope it works..

http://qr.qatarairways.com/pub/sf/Re...q3mhuHIJMgQMFo

EDIT: you are right.. i subscribed to a different email and just received the welcome to our newsletter thing.. sorry guys.. didn't mean to disappoint..
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: BA G
Originally Posted by SCLflyer
EDIT: you are right.. i subscribed to a different email and just received the welcome to our newsletter thing.. sorry guys.. didn't mean to disappoint..
It was worth a shot! Thanks for sharing the link anyway.

May I ask did you find out about that promo on this forum or somewhere else?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.