Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: OAK-JER WT+ $850 r/t - 260TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Built this from another thread: (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...08-rt-all.html)

If you go here - https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...-LGWOAK0BA2279 - and click through to BA site to book.

Then select "change flights", opt for WT+ for $442 e/w.

The connection from London Gatwick to Jersey tickets into Club Europe at full fare for some reason, thus 40TP e/w in addition to the 90TP e/w for 260TP total.

Can't see what the fare type is, so not sure if upgrades are possible with Avios.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Feb 21, 2017 at 3:44 pm Reason: link broken
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Looks like T for the OAK-LGW and J for the LGW-JER flights. Pretty good EQD run for AA as looks to net ~$2200 EQD and with the CARDOFFERU discount comes to just over $800 a/i
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Seems like a great fare for us West Coasters, especially for positioning to Europe. Can you use avios to upgrade this fare?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Seems like a great fare for us West Coasters, especially for positioning to Europe. Can you use avios to upgrade this fare?
Yes. As long as there is availability, you can upgrade all WT+ fares. Availability usually opens up a few days before departure, but ends early. There usually is not last-minute upgrade space.

Last edited by bspahn; Feb 21, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks

The connection from London Gatwick to Jersey tickets into Club Europe at full fare for some reason,
JER is (mistakenly) considered within the United Kingdom by the booking code allocator so it gets booked into full fare J as though it were a domestic feeder flight. This is in common with all longhaul BA non-economy fares to/from JER.

BA is on the cusp of introducing a domestic premium cabin which is likely to remove that particular nicety.

I would imagine for the same price you could also go to INV in Scotland, as that is also exempt from U.K. air passenger duty.

Last edited by Calchas; Feb 27, 2017 at 7:09 am
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
JER is (mistakenly) considered within the United Kingdom by the booking code allocator so it gets booked into full fare J as though it were a domestic feeder flight. This is in common with all longhaul BA non-economy fares to/from JER.

BA is on the cusp of introducing a domestic premium cabin which is likely to remove that particular nicety.

I would imagine for the same price you could also go to INV in Scotland, as that is also exempt from U.K. air passenger duty.
Right now INV shows up at roughly $300-600 more on GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.