FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   BA: OAK-JER WT+ $850 r/t - 260TP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1824111-ba-oak-jer-wt-850-r-t-260tp.html)

mmxbreaks Feb 21, 17 4:41 pm

BA: OAK-JER WT+ $850 r/t - 260TP
 
Built this from another thread: (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...08-rt-all.html)

If you go here - https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...-LGWOAK0BA2279 - and click through to BA site to book.

Then select "change flights", opt for WT+ for $442 e/w.

The connection from London Gatwick to Jersey tickets into Club Europe at full fare for some reason, thus 40TP e/w in addition to the 90TP e/w for 260TP total.

Can't see what the fare type is, so not sure if upgrades are possible with Avios.

ryan182 Feb 21, 17 5:37 pm

Looks like T for the OAK-LGW and J for the LGW-JER flights. Pretty good EQD run for AA as looks to net ~$2200 EQD and with the CARDOFFERU discount comes to just over $800 a/i

FlyingFrZ Feb 21, 17 6:03 pm

Seems like a great fare for us West Coasters, especially for positioning to Europe. Can you use avios to upgrade this fare?

bspahn Feb 21, 17 9:18 pm


Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 27940542)
Seems like a great fare for us West Coasters, especially for positioning to Europe. Can you use avios to upgrade this fare?

Yes. As long as there is availability, you can upgrade all WT+ fares. Availability usually opens up a few days before departure, but ends early. There usually is not last-minute upgrade space.

Calchas Feb 27, 17 8:01 am


Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 27940176)

The connection from London Gatwick to Jersey tickets into Club Europe at full fare for some reason,

JER is (mistakenly) considered within the United Kingdom by the booking code allocator so it gets booked into full fare J as though it were a domestic feeder flight. This is in common with all longhaul BA non-economy fares to/from JER.

BA is on the cusp of introducing a domestic premium cabin which is likely to remove that particular nicety.

I would imagine for the same price you could also go to INV in Scotland, as that is also exempt from U.K. air passenger duty.

olouie Feb 27, 17 12:51 pm


Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 27964306)
JER is (mistakenly) considered within the United Kingdom by the booking code allocator so it gets booked into full fare J as though it were a domestic feeder flight. This is in common with all longhaul BA non-economy fares to/from JER.

BA is on the cusp of introducing a domestic premium cabin which is likely to remove that particular nicety.

I would imagine for the same price you could also go to INV in Scotland, as that is also exempt from U.K. air passenger duty.

Right now INV shows up at roughly $300-600 more on GF.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.