Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa cai-lax i fare us$1500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa cai-lax i fare us$1500

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
FYI looks like some of these are pricing $862 o/w.

Fwiw...would love to get a whole separate thread/category O/W fares as many of us are looking for positioning flights that don't require a nested ticket or throw away segment
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kreative03
FYI looks like some of these are pricing $862 o/w.

Fwiw...would love to get a whole separate thread/category O/W fares as many of us are looking for positioning flights that don't require a nested ticket or throw away segment
Where are you seeing the O/W availability?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I am just trying to get to the bottom of if buying on a non-US AA website might be a trick to gaining EQDs based on distance. I'm probably going to buy this fare on the Korean AA site to test out this theory since it prices out almost the same.
This does work. I just flew a PEN-YVR ticket a few days ago which is booked on a non-US AA site and I got EQD based on distance and all flights were AA coded.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
I dont understand how that would work, although I think I saw reference to the ex-ICN AA F fares and that dynamic. I tend to think the decision is AA vs BA issued ticket, AA if you want 2x EQM and standard EQD and RDM calculation and BA if you want to EQD/RDM to be distance based but are willing to settle for 1.5x EQM
I just got EQD based on distance flown, RDM based on 11x EQD, and EQM at 3x the distance. This was for a PEN-YVR fare booked in full J all with AA codes. It is a trifecta of great earnings!

It would be great to be able to do that with this fare as well.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
I just got EQD based on distance flown, RDM based on 11x EQD, and EQM at 3x the distance. This was for a PEN-YVR fare booked in full J all with AA codes. It is a trifecta of great earnings!

Awesome!!! Thanks for replying

I went ahead and bought this fare on the AA South Korean website. Price was around $1560 after conversion.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever

That was a sweet fare, we had that booked but couldnt fly.

For CAI one way, there is also a set of old-ish AA J fares still around there. $1150 for CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-MEX, if you ditch the last segment it yields 24k EQM (3x b/c it's in "J" class).

I think the cheapest NA one way ex-CAI is probably on MS to JFK. Maybe there is something else, I see TK fares for $900ish to many NA cities.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Where are you seeing the O/W availability?
Was seeing it on QR earlier for the Hbe-lax routing
https://goo.gl/flights/i4HQ

down now to $858 or $1216 r/t.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kreative03
Was seeing it on QR earlier for the Hbe-lax routing
https://goo.gl/flights/i4HQ

down now to $858 or $1216 r/t.
I saw that fare earlier, if you look at post 16 you can see I put a link. Unfortunately I wasn't able to price that out on QRs site or with an OTA. If you can provide a way to book the fare you would be my hero
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:27 pm
Used to be highman123

This comes up right away on the Qr website (for a diff day though). Am I missing something?

Should be about $885.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
This comes up right away on the Qr website (for a diff day though). Am I missing something?

Should be about $885.
Yup was able to pull it up on that date, but dates at that price seem limited where as GF shows widespread availability. Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

I am having trouble understanding how your ticket credited that way.

"EQD based on distance flown" = old system

"RDM based on 11x EQD" = ??????? what system is this

"EQM at 3x the distance" = old system
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by johnwmaher
I am having trouble understanding how your ticket credited that way.

"RDM based on 11x EQD" = ??????? what system is this
The fare I was referring to was the PEN-YVR fare which has AA flight codes for all flights. This would be QR coded so RDM would be based on the distance metric.

Last edited by whimike; Jan 8, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.1MM, SPG Plat
RDM for premium QR flights are 100% base miles, 50% bonus miles for F,A,P fare and 25% bonus miles for J,C and D fares and 120% bonus miles for executive platinum, 80% bonus miles for Platinum pro, 60% bonus miles for platinum and 40% bonus miles for gold. So a CAI to LAX RT would net you around 40+K RDM.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:16 am

In case anyone is interested in the HBE-LAX QR fare, I received confirmation that my reservations qualified for their free hotel stopover benefit in Doha.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Does anyone know what would happen if you fly the CAI-LAX outbound legs and then ask for a refund? Looking to possibly add a companion to this fare, but they can't make use of the LAX-CAI return. Would I get any money back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.