Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Bad luck, I guess!? If there's a new ban, the airline has to comply (and so do you). You'll either have to check in your electronics or not take any with you. My plan B in case that stricter ban is imposed between my outbound flight and inbound flight is to send my electronics (mainly DSLR and lenses) in an insured package and in lots of bubble wrap back home.

If the package gets lost, damaged or stolen, then the insurance should cover my damage and I wouldn't need to deal with an airline and the poor compensation under the Montreal convention. The solution is obviously more expensive, but it would give me more piece of mind.
Apparently lenses are allowed in cabin, it's just DSLR that have to go into hold.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:57 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Apparently lenses are allowed in cabin, it's just DSLR that have to go into hold.
Back to film cameras

What's everyone's expectation of a similar deal returning? I see Qatar has a few for 1'370$ r/t to HKG. About 3-4 CPM if earning on AA. Not sure if it's worthwhile though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.