Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/UA BCN-MEX 1290€ business (D)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/UA BCN-MEX 1290€ business (D)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why would you transit in the US rather than take the direct LH flights to MEX?

At least for non-US citizens it would not make sense to transit in the US. Way too much hassle and time consuming to enter the US when US is not your final destination.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Was there any way to route the LH ones via the US and then onwards to MEX on UA?
Yes - the same fare was also available on UA and AC and routing via US was possible.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: FB plat, HH gold
I booked BCN-FRA-MEX outbound and MEX-HOU-FRA-BCN back home to experience the LH A380. Never had the opportunity to fly one so far. The MEX-HOU is on United (A319).
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
I hope you have a sufficient connection time in IAH which is a total Guantanamo por non-US citizens entering the US, at least at the times of the arrivals of intercontinental flights. Good luck
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: FB plat, HH gold
Assuming the worst in general at US airports I wasn't aware that Houston is particularly nasty. Well, I have two hours and indeed it seems int. arrival time around my arrival from MEX. Might be a bit tight.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you transit in the US rather than take the direct LH flights to MEX?
Extra miles?

Originally Posted by Marcin83
I hope you have a sufficient connection time in IAH which is a total Guantanamo por non-US citizens entering the US, at least at the times of the arrivals of intercontinental flights. Good luck
I had good luck coming in first thing in the morning.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Couldn't find your original fare for Aug-Sept with LH/UA but noticed it's even 100 euros cheaper on many days for a SkyTeam combination, usually AF and AeroMexico via CDG and IAH...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The fare is long gone... it was live here for only half a day.

And the Skyteam fare is limited in departure period, so not really the same. It's time to move this thread.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Can definitely upgrade with United GPUs, if available
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Unfortunately had to cancel but got a full refund....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.