Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A P fares from US to France, Italy and AMS for $2100

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond

There are *A (UA and LH) business fares of approx $2100 from certain US cities to anywhere in France, Italy or AMS. Prices are good for departures on or after 22 Aug 2016 and before 1 April 2017. Departures prior to 22 Aug are a few hundred dollars more. The fare seems very similar to one from a couple of weeks ago but with a few more destinations besides CDG. From what I can see, the fare works out of a variety of non hub cities, like PDX, SEA, SAN, MIA, FLL and probably many others.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I see a $1004 round trip base fare BOS-CDG on LH fare basis PKXNC27S, but ITA really doesn't want to price it out for some reason. Hmm.

Edit: OK, a $1001 P base fare prices out on lufthansa.com as $2,043 a/i - sample dates 13 Oct to 20 Oct. That seems like a lot of taxes and fees!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
OW (AA/BA)- Please, Please match these fares....
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by LarryU
There are *A (UA and LH) business fares of approx $2100 from certain US cities to anywhere in France, Italy or AMS. Prices are good for departures on or after 22 Aug 2016 and before 1 April 2017. Departures prior to 22 Aug are a few hundred dollars more. The fare seems very similar to one from a couple of weeks ago but with a few more destinations besides CDG. From what I can see, the fare works out of a variety of non hub cities, like PDX, SEA, SAN, MIA, FLL and probably many others.
We can add MSP to that list ^
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
SMF - Sacramento has $2100 J fares

Looks like Sacramento is the closest for Bay Area residents - showing $2100 - $2500 fares to most airports in Italy, also CDG, AMS and perhaps others, using Google Flights, shows on combination of UA, LH and Brussels airlines. was looking for 7 or 8 day stays for a friend. Appears to be from end of July through EOS, with the exception of the Holidays in December.

Have not tried to book on airline sites, so NOT confirmed that they work.

Thanks OP!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz President's Club
COS (Colorado Springs) works as well. I didn't buy, but priced it out on united.com all the way to the final page. Was around $2200 to AMS.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Some good OJ's available SAN-EWR-CDG//MXP-EWR-SAN. A little travel through Switzerland sounds nice
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Was just about to post this as an LAS-EUR thread! (In other words, works from LAS on AC )

$2000-$2200, looks like min 7 stay (at least the prices I'm seeing)

-SF
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold , Marriott Gold
If willing to position to Canada, good $1500 to 1800 business fares to Europe later this year to select cities.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds like UA/LH attacking SkyTeam this time.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds like UA/LH attacking SkyTeam this time.
It's their weak response to the ST Europe sales. Haven't even matched prices.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Was just doing a search for these but can't seem to find any of them. It was working for a while to Italy but prices are now back up to $4k r/t.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Was just doing a search for these but can't seem to find any of them. It was working for a while to Italy but prices are now back up to $4k r/t.
I was just in the middle of researching another trip and the price jumped up at exactly midnight CDT.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarryU
I was just in the middle of researching another trip and the price jumped up at exactly midnight CDT.
Yeah, yesterday you could also do NYC-ZRH on LX/UA* for ~$2k, but I believe the sale expired at midnight (was known in advance apparently).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, yesterday you could also do NYC-ZRH on LX/UA* for ~$2k, but I believe the sale expired at midnight (was known in advance apparently).
Yeah it was NYC-ZRH/FRA/BRU for 2k on LH/LX/SN/UA/AC

Didn't pull the trigger for a trip in Nov, oh well I can be patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.