Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA SCL/IPC return J 457€ AI (7,82 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver

Maybe not a real mileage run, but it credit 280 TP on BA and 5.840 Avios. Don't know about OW partners.
Booked yesterday via LAN website (Chile country), Y and J class same price. Booked as Premium Business I class.
April 2/4
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
This is a very usual price across basically most of the year. At certain time of the year it could go cheaper.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Seems to be a glitch only on the Chile version - prices at $1300+ elsewhere...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by lewende
This is a very usual price across basically most of the year. At certain time of the year it could go cheaper.
For Business? When I lived in SCL we looked at flights to IPC and they were never this low for business...

SCL-IPC is one of the most expensive routes in a market that is not known for cheap air travel IME..
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Very interesting find. Indeed this only appears when paying in CLP on the Chilean version of the site.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Tblack15
For Business? When I lived in SCL we looked at flights to IPC and they were never this low for business...

SCL-IPC is one of the most expensive routes in a market that is not known for cheap air travel IME..
This is a (probably) well-known trick for all LAN-operated flights, e.g., LAN Ecuador, LAN Peru, LAN Argentina, and LAN Chile - you have to claim yourself to be the locals of that country to score a bargain. The caveat is: some countries will check your ID at the counter. So play this game at your own risk
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN CHILE.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
This is a (probably) well-known trick for all LAN-operated flights, e.g., LAN Ecuador, LAN Peru, LAN Argentina, and LAN Chile - you have to claim yourself to be the locals of that country to score a bargain. The caveat is: some countries will check your ID at the counter. So play this game at your own risk
This is kind of irrelevant for Chilean promotions. LAN sells domestic resident-only fares only in Ecuador (only Galapagos), Peru and Argentina. The fare is quite typical for mid- and low-season although it's a bit cheaper than 1-2 years ago because of exchange rate.

SCL-IPC is over 2000 miles so BA members earn 140 TPs / segment.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I've been looking at this as well as it came up in ITA Matrix, until I changed the sales city. Looking on the Lan forum, cheaper domestic flights on Lan Chile seems to be their operating model - no residency requirements.

Last edited by Jase76; Sep 22, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
If you have a LAN US Bank credit card, you can also be elgible for a 20% discount on your 1st LAN purchase, shown on your following monthly statement. I believe its only valid on the 1st LAN purchase annually.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I'm getting 467k CLP for D class r/t for Jan 2016. Appears to be completely refundable/changeable. I might as well book it.

I wonder what the "normal" price is for this route?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I'm getting 467k CLP for D class r/t for Jan 2016. Appears to be completely refundable/changeable. I might as well book it.

I wonder what the "normal" price is for this route?
Yes, I couldn't find a way on the site to force a booking in D or J when there was I availability. Shame as the price difference is minimal fo fully refundable.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jase76
Yes, I couldn't find a way on the site to force a booking in D or J when there was I availability.
Seems to be a 50k jump from I to D and D to C. Not sure about J.

Why not book a date that has D/C availability and change it to the date you think you want? ^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Seems to be a glitch only on the Chile version - prices at $1300+ elsewhere...
Not a glitch, it's deliberate.

There's no residency requirement for LA. It's a sales office restriction. AR has a residency requirement for some of their fares.

Originally Posted by miikkak
This is kind of irrelevant for Chilean promotions. LAN sells domestic resident-only fares only in Ecuador (only Galapagos), Peru and Argentina.
^

Originally Posted by Jase76
I've been looking at this as well as it came up in ITA Matrix, until I changed the sales city. Looking on the Lan forum, cheaper domestic flights on Lan Chile seems to be their operating model - no residency requirements.
^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:49 pm

I've attempted, with multiple cards, to lock in one of these fares. No success. Keeps throwing an "unknown error" processing payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.