Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) UA: DTW-HKG $2451 A/I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 3:05 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat

Seems like all of the US carriers are trying to poach passengers from other airlines' hubs...

Many dates in September/October/November, and perhaps beyond, sample dates include October 1-14 and November 2-10. Myriad of routings available...

DTW-ORD-HKG, DTW-ORD-SFO-HKG, or in my case DTW-ORD-LAX-PVG (to try the 787-900). Coming home, routes HKG-DTW via ORD direct or SFO, and codes shares on ANA to NRT and back to UA for the rest.

PVG runs about $3060 A/I, but an open jaw, as in my case, into PVG and out of HKG runs the original $2451.
Old May 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Seems like all of the US carriers are trying to poach passengers from other airlines' hubs...

Many dates in September/October/November, and perhaps beyond, sample dates include October 1-14 and November 2-10. Myriad of routings available...

DTW-ORD-HKG, DTW-ORD-SFO-HKG, or in my case DTW-ORD-LAX-PVG (to try the 787-900). Coming home, routes HKG-DTW via ORD direct or SFO, and codes shares on ANA to NRT and back to UA for the rest.

PVG runs about $3060 A/I, but an open jaw, as in my case, into PVG and out of HKG runs the original $2451.
More info on DFW-HKG can be found here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-00-i-r-t.html
Old May 15, 2015, 3:16 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 110pgl
More info on DFW-HKG can be found here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-00-i-r-t.html
Yes, and this is DTW-HKG (Detroit to Hong Kong). I haven't seen a thread on that. @:-)
Old May 15, 2015, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Yes, and this is DTW-HKG (Detroit to Hong Kong). I haven't seen a thread on that. @:-)
UA hub attack on DL was mentioned in the DFW-HKG thread
Old May 15, 2015, 3:22 pm

hehehe... fair enough.... fingers faster than brain.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I've tried several dates including the OP's, but the fares are coming back at >$5K on UA. Is the fare gone already?
Old May 15, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I've tried several dates including the OP's, but the fares are coming back at >$5K on UA. Is the fare gone already?
the fare is still there. Finding inventory in P is another issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.