Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

[Business class] Dublin-USA R/T, oneworld JV, from 1079 EUR incl. tax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Business class] Dublin-USA R/T, oneworld JV, from 1079 EUR incl. tax

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Required you to start in the US, I think, so it would not apply.
Ah, ok thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
For 300-400 USD more RT, one can do the DUB-HNL basically all summer. If you're an OW person, you can combine with the QR deal and some redemptions to do some serious running to go along with your summer vacation in Europe.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1120A
For 300-400 USD more RT, one can do the DUB-HNL basically all summer. If you're an OW person, you can combine with the QR deal and some redemptions to do some serious running to go along with your summer vacation in Europe.
The special offer ends today

But the usual ex-DUB prices are not so bad.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
If you booked any of these tickets around Thanksgiving please check your bookings. BA is cancelling flights - my BA1 is cancelled and I am rebooked from LHR on 26 November with BA leaving me to get between airports.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:48 am

Is it true that your flight must begin in Dublin? Can't start in USA?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by awaite01
Is it true that your flight must begin in Dublin? Can't start in USA?
If you want to take advantage of the Dublin prices/fares, then yes, you must fly from DUB
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
If you booked any of these tickets around Thanksgiving please check your bookings. BA is cancelling flights - my BA1 is cancelled and I am rebooked from LHR on 26 November with BA leaving me to get between airports.
I'll be on BA 1 on 26th November. URGH BA3 is cancelled as well---why? BA 1 was pretty full for this far ahead.

Booked under the AA codeshare, doesn't seem to have come through yet.

I shall push for BA 1 on the Friday instead ... oh that's cancelled as well
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:37 pm

I'll be on BA 1 on 26th November. URGH BA3 is cancelled as well---why? BA 1 was pretty full for this far ahead.

Booked under the AA codeshare, doesn't seem to have come through yet.

I shall push for BA 1 on the Friday instead ... oh that's cancelled as well
There is not a lot of choice left for 26th:

Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is not a lot of choice left for 26th:

I will see if I can leave a day earlier.

This will be a fun conversation.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will see if I can leave a day earlier.

This will be a fun conversation.
Well I dredged up the strength to discuss this with the BA Gold Line a few minutes ago.

The agent there assured me there were no cancellations in my booking (which is also how it appears on MMB). Of course I said BA 001 is cancelled [I'm booked on the codeshare] and he did investigate a bit further and told me that "BA 001 isn't actually listed as cancelled ... it seems it never existed". He said he would happily do my routing one day earlier but he wanted to discuss what was going on with the scheduling group first, in case this is a weird glitch. ^

He will call me back in the next day or so.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I dredged up the strength to discuss this with the BA Gold Line a few minutes ago.

The agent there assured me there were no cancellations in my booking (which is also how it appears on MMB). Of course I said BA 001 is cancelled [I'm booked on the codeshare] and he did investigate a bit further and told me that "BA 001 isn't actually listed as cancelled ... it seems it never existed". He said he would happily do my routing one day earlier but he wanted to discuss what was going on with the scheduling group first, in case this is a weird glitch. ^

He will call me back in the next day or so.
Right, he just telephoned me back:

BA 001 is operating on 26 November

There is a "bug" in the scheduling/reservations system and they are investigating. The agent could not tell me when it would be fixed. However, he says that BA flight operations still plan to operate BA 1 on that day.

He did say, "if you want to change your flight or your schedule, we will allow this free of charge because of the confusion the matter has caused you" ^

He telephoned me again. BA flight ops telephoned him again to correct their mistake, the flight is definitely cancelled. They will also propagate that through the codeshare system now.

I am now booked for the day before, everything the same. Reservations confirmed, waiting for tickets to be re-issued.

Last edited by Calchas; Mar 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:07 am

Right, he just telephoned me back:

He telephoned me again. BA flight ops telephoned him again to correct their mistake, the flight is definitely cancelled. They will also propagate that through the codeshare system now.

I am now booked for the day before, everything the same. Reservations confirmed, waiting for tickets to be re-issued.
Good job Flyertalkers know enough to tell BA what it should be doing.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for this info, we were booked on same flight. Mrs jpf is just calling BA.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good job Flyertalkers know enough to tell BA what it should be doing.
Not unusual but he was very good at sorting it out, so even if he was screwed over by the scheduling guys I am happy with the customer service. ^
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:39 am

This is a really intriguing routing. Are you pulling this up via Google's flight search option? Would also love to know details on how to know when this fare will be available again - until told otherwise, I'll just start checking every day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.