FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Business class] Dublin-USA R/T, oneworld JV, from 1079 EUR incl. tax
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:54 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
Well I dredged up the strength to discuss this with the BA Gold Line a few minutes ago.

The agent there assured me there were no cancellations in my booking (which is also how it appears on MMB). Of course I said BA 001 is cancelled [I'm booked on the codeshare] and he did investigate a bit further and told me that "BA 001 isn't actually listed as cancelled ... it seems it never existed". He said he would happily do my routing one day earlier but he wanted to discuss what was going on with the scheduling group first, in case this is a weird glitch. ^

He will call me back in the next day or so.
Right, he just telephoned me back:

BA 001 is operating on 26 November

There is a "bug" in the scheduling/reservations system and they are investigating. The agent could not tell me when it would be fixed. However, he says that BA flight operations still plan to operate BA 1 on that day.

He did say, "if you want to change your flight or your schedule, we will allow this free of charge because of the confusion the matter has caused you" ^

He telephoned me again. BA flight ops telephoned him again to correct their mistake, the flight is definitely cancelled. They will also propagate that through the codeshare system now.

I am now booked for the day before, everything the same. Reservations confirmed, waiting for tickets to be re-issued.

Last edited by Calchas; Mar 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm