Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by A5RoadDogg
It's the old 777-200, not the 777-300ER.
For some reason the mods deleted my post. You CAN get the 77W if you route through HKG. Total cost is just under $3,900.

Seoul (ICN) to Newark (EWR) - Mon, Nov 3
Seoul (ICN) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Mon, Nov 3
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. 415 Dep: 8:50AM Arr: 11:45AM 3h 55m Airbus A330 Business (J)
Layover in HKG 1h 55m

Hong Kong (HKG) to Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) - Mon, Nov 3
American Airlines Inc. 138 Dep: 1:40PM Arr: 2:35PM 14h 55m Boeing 777 First (P)
Layover in DFW 1h 35m

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Newark (EWR) - Mon, Nov 3
American Airlines Inc. 2379 Dep: 4:10PM Arr: 8:29PM 3h 19m MD-80 First (P)

New York (LGA) to Seoul (ICN) - Thu, Nov 13
New York (LGA) to Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) - Thu, Nov 13
American Airlines Inc. 1103 Dep: 6:00AM Arr: 9:05AM 4h 5m Boeing 737 First (P)
Layover in DFW 2h 25m

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Hong Kong (HKG) - Thu, Nov 13
American Airlines Inc. 137 Dep: 11:30AM Arr: 6:35PM 17h 5m Boeing 777 First (P)
Layover in HKG Fri, Nov 14 6h 20m

Hong Kong (HKG) to Seoul (ICN) - Sat, Nov 15
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. 412 Dep: 12:55AM Arr: 5:20AM 3h 25m Airbus A330 Business (J)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $3,899.60
Total cost for 1 passenger $3,899.60
You can pick any airport in NYC. Its slightly cheaper if you take OZ or KE to/from HKG
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:12 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A5RoadDogg
It's the old 777-200, not the 777-300ER.
True, but according to the fare rules it might be possible to route via HKG onto KA/CX/KE/OZ which would get you a nice long ride in the 777-300ER, and a nice connection in HKG. Just have to watch the MPM on the routing to avoid exceeding the limit.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AHO
American Airlines year around First class deal from Seoul to New York.

SEL-NYC R/T

Flight application:
  • Flight over Pacific must be AA flight number and AA opererated fligtht.
  • Flight within North America must have AA flight number.
Stopover: 2 stopover are allowed. One free and one stopover against 98.000 KRW
Transfer: following rules apply in each direction[INDENT]Either
  • 1 transfer with AA or JL/KE/OZ in Japan
  • 1 transfer with AA or CA/CI/CZ/HU/KE/MU/OZ in China
  • 1 transfer with AA or CX/KA/KE/OZ in Hong Kong

MPM : 8.254 miles
Routing: e.g.
  • Seoul-(AA)-Dallas-(AA)-New York
  • Seoul-(JL/KE/OZ:AA)-Tokyo-(AA)-Chicago/Dallas/Los Angeles-(AA)-New York
  • Seoul-(KE/OZ/MU/CZ)-Shanghai-(AA)-Chicago-(AA)-New York
There are three aspects of this fare that I require help with:

1. I see the transfer rules vis a vis Hong Kong, but can't locate any routing via Hong Kong using the required AA metal that can be achieved under the 8,254 mileage cap.

2. I see the stopover rules (one free and one for 98,000 KRW) but also the HIP/Mileage Exceptions rule ("NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY") and therefore can't see where in Asia a stopover might be permitted. Are stopovers effectively limited to a few east coast U.S. cities?

3. I don't see in the fare rules where the OP found the routing via Los Angeles, and also can't locate any routing via LAX using the required AA metal that can be achieved under the 8,254 mileage cap.

TIA for help with any (or all) of these questions.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
There are three aspects of this fare that I require help with:

1. I see the transfer rules vis a vis Hong Kong, but can't locate any routing via Hong Kong using the required AA metal that can be achieved under the 8,254 mileage cap.

2. I see the stopover rules (one free and one for 98,000 KRW) but also the HIP/Mileage Exceptions rule ("NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY") and therefore can't see where in Asia a stopover might be permitted. Are stopovers effectively limited to a few east coast U.S. cities?

3. I don't see in the fare rules where the OP found the routing via Los Angeles, and also can't locate any routing via LAX using the required AA metal that can be achieved under the 8,254 mileage cap.

TIA for help with any (or all) of these questions.
Go up 3 posts.
The MPM is not a hard cap. The hard cap is 125% of the MPM plus any point deductions. The fare increases as you go above the MPM though.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Pretty attractive year-end (post-Christmas) fares in F on Air France, LH and LX from JFK/EWR to LHR/LCY -- $4200 or basically 50% off earlier in December or in January. Need to do multiple segment searching on AF to book. Round out 2014 qualifying and get an early start on 2015 if you straddle 1/1.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Premium 1K, AA EXP, Starwood G, Hyatt D
Smile

Is UA going to match this....., Anyone knows?

Originally Posted by AHO
American Airlines year around First class deal from Seoul to New York.
There are two different fare basises but I use P2E0Q5R1 in this post.

Fare basis: P2E0Q5R1 (minimun stay 10 days, but no advance purchase requirement)
Fare basis: P2E9Q5O1 (no minimum stay requirement, but 90 days advance purchase requirement)

[First class] Seoul-New York R/T, American Airlines, 3.140 USD / 2.380 EUR incl. taxes

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 27, 2014 at 5:49 am Reason: brevity
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by zhang1896
It looks to me like they have. I saw plenty of availability in Global First for around $3142 on various days.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:21 am
AHO

Originally Posted by zhang1896
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
It looks to me like they have. I saw plenty of availability in Global First for around $3142 on various days.
Yes, more information can be found from this link.
[First class] Seoul-New York T/R, United, 21.700 SEK inkl. skatter

In short:
Buy latest: 2014-AUG-31
Advance purchase: 90 days
No minimum stay requirement
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
Doesn't seem to be available for NYC-ICN though
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by anandrag
The original AA fare was not available from NYC either. This is pretty common by US-based airlines, particularly on newer routes where the brand awareness might not be strong.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by AHO

In short:
Does anyone know if the AA fare sale ends on Aug 31 for this route as well?

And if you do and can tell me how to find that information, I will gladly find it myself in the future. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by anandrag
International fares are very rarely available in both directions.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Just booked a one-way GRU-BOG-IAH for ~$1,100 on AV/UA (it's an AV D fare - so only 100% PQM earnings on UA). Looks like roundtrip can be had for roughly double that. You can get the AV GRU-BOG segment on their A330, and depending on the time of year, BOG-IAH on an international-configured UA 752.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Premium 1K, AA EXP, Starwood G, Hyatt D
Great Information, Thanks.
Does UA allow a stop over in Shanghai or Tokyo...?

Originally Posted by AHO

In short:
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Just booked a one-way GRU-BOG-IAH for ~$1,100 on AV/UA (it's an AV D fare - so only 100% PQM earnings on UA). Looks like roundtrip can be had for roughly double that. You can get the AV GRU-BOG segment on their A330, and depending on the time of year, BOG-IAH on an international-configured UA 752.
Bring a pillow. Despite the lie flat 752, iirc UA doesn't equip these with full business amenities. And yet they require a GPU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.