Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Sting At JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: PC Plat/Amb
It's not illegal to put electronics in your luggage.

It IS illegal to steal them.

Have we become so accepting of theft that we consider it victim precipitation for someone to place such items in there bags?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but let's put the blame where it truly lies; with the criminals.

Personally, I believe that there should be a punishment enhancement for those who use their access in a position of trust to commit such crimes. I hope I'm not the only one.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
At what volume does an incident become non-isolated?
When I called this just another isolated incident, I was using a deliberate oxymoron. As for volume, we’re definitely cranked up to 11.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by We Will Never Forget
It's not illegal to put electronics in your luggage.

It IS illegal to steal them.
IT is against the laws! You know better than do that. Because the workers cannot touching the bags at all. It will be result arrested for charge of theft. If you see someone who touching the bags to take the personal items out. This is inappropriately for trying to steals it. You have to taking own responsibility to patrol around the baggage areas to check the ramp worker or TSA at the secondary screening. If you see the security surveillance camera will being caught for trying to take the personal items out. TSA will have to be notify the law enforcement quickly. They will be disciplinary actions against the TSA or baggage handlers and whenever who try to stolen the bags.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by N830MH
IT is against the laws! You know better than do that. Because the workers cannot touching the bags at all. It will be result arrested for charge of theft. If you see someone who touching the bags to take the personal items out. This is inappropriately for trying to steals it. You have to taking own responsibility to patrol around the baggage areas to check the ramp worker or TSA at the secondary screening. If you see the security surveillance camera will being caught for trying to take the personal items out. TSA will have to be notify the law enforcement quickly. They will be disciplinary actions against the TSA or baggage handlers and whenever who try to stolen the bags.
Too bad it doesn't work that way in reality.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by IslandBased
Might be nice if they were color coded to the alert level. Spandex, with no fasteners- even better- might even be an ugly reminder to everyone about the sacrifices we all make for safety's sake.
How about Mark Chester's wonderful spandex full-body bondage bag (if you don't have one, you should, but that's another story)
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Nah, the jail should be built over a shark pit with a thin balsa wood floor.
Given that it is the Transportation Security Agency, buried alive in a Pinto works for me.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Given that it is the Transportation Security Agency, buried alive in a Pinto works for me.
Ok, I'll agree on the buried alive but its gotta be an AMC Pacer.

They deserve each other!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.