Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Curveball: Which airport has the most efficiently run TSA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curveball: Which airport has the most efficiently run TSA?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 6:58 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
They are all equally worthless.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
Oh, come on, some must be more worthless than others.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by IslandBased
That's because you live in a town full of rocket scientists..
Originally Posted by Spiff
Oh, come on, some must be more worthless than others.
I agree with Spiff - after all, he's one of the rocket scientists you hold in such high esteem.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I agree with Spiff - after all, he's one of the rocket scientists you hold in such high esteem.
One of my Ga Tech professors was previously from Huntsville, a lot of his PhD friends were suddenly jobless after Apollo Program wrapped up. I hope you realize that my (smart*ss) remark was on a positive note. The local management less likely to be totally clueless.
OT, the little airport that I used to commute through seemed to have fairly benign TSOs. I haven't had the need to wander into the terminal lately, however, just GA.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:38 am

One of my Ga Tech professors was previously from Huntsville, a lot of his PhD friends were suddenly jobless after Apollo Program wrapped up. I hope you realize that my (smart*ss) remark was on a positive note.
"The Rocket City" There's a big freakin' mural in the airport devoted to the space program. I should take a picture of it sometime.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
TSA: Only $18.6 million to enjoy your services today, what a bargain

Originally Posted by triehle
If you count how many have been caught and released, how many incidents involving TSA-captured terrorists that have been hushed up by TSA to spare pax the kind of terror screeners have to live with day in and day out, or how many time TSA staff have SPOTted terrorists who have fled the airport in confusion before the multi-layered security laid down by TSA, well, my friend, then you would see the value of TSA.
Well, since it is often noted TSA treats everyone at the checkpoint as a "Terrorist/Criminal: guilty until proven innocent", the TSA Fishing Expeditionary Force Catch and Release™ Two Million Terrorists each and every day!

With a $6.8 billion budget (included FAMs and the WeBreakParkedJets and WeSpotIllegalAliensAtTheBusStation and WeSpotTewwowistsAtTheSuperBowl Departments), that is $9.30 for every Catch and Release™ Terrorist. Are you getting All the Government You Are Paying For? In this case, are you sure you want to?

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Which airport has the most efficiently run TSA?
Suggestion: Please check. Are you sure a TSS post with the words "efficient" and "TSA" in the same sentence is allowed by the TOS?
Old May 25, 2009, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I find SLC to be the least annoying and the most consistent, if there is such a thing with TSA.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:17 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
UFUO isn't because...
What is UFUO?
I am aware of FOUO, which is an unclassified item (but certainly not to be broadcast), meaning For Official Use Only.

Is that what Reed means?

As for TSA ease of use OKC has always been quick for me and the "secret" location at IAH on the parking tunnel to E is very fast for me.

Ciao,
FH
Old May 26, 2009, 1:08 pm

I only went once since TSA started, but I really liked FLL (Fort Lauderdale). Yeah, they yelled, but it was informative and not snarky, and they walked up and down the line so everyone could hear. Plus, they helped those who didn't quite understand (lotsa old folks and families).

Otherwise, I love SMF. Not sure if it's cuz of lack of travelers, but the line always moves quickly. They don't seem very keen on doing any secondary searches (knock on wood).
Old May 27, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
You guys do know that your replies are being monitored and your choices for most efficiently run TSA checkpoint will be completely overhauled and dressed down to make sure the same standard of bureaucratic bullsh*t is applied, don't you?
Old May 27, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by triehle
The Terrorists Caught and Sent Home measure
Catch and Release would be catchier.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:30 pm

I rarely have problems at CLT. The TSOs are ok and generally don't call for unnecessary bag checks.

I fly out of A mainly. If the line for A is long I check B. If the line for B is long then I check D.

If I'm flying US Air and the elite line at C is long then I just go to A because usually no one is there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.