Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Amtrak photo contestant arrested by Amtrak police

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak photo contestant arrested by Amtrak police

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Because some police officers are very brave!. Always ready to do more than their job.
And it's actually really pretty easy to tell the difference. For some, being a cop is a calling, not unlike the call to the sea for sailors or the call to the cloth for priests. It's their lives, it defines them, and they are awfully proud of their position and are the epitome of selfless public service. They are guided by public safety and always mindful of the constitution.

The ones to watch out for are the ones who see police work as simply a paycheck, whose gun is their d**k, whose badge is a license to do whatever they want to. They hold the constitution in conempt and see it as a hindrance to their job.

I wonder if these clowns see their position as a calling or simply a mortgage payment??

--PP
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:25 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Stephen Colbert devoted an entire segment last night to this incident. It's the second segment of the episode...I don't know how to link to the second segment specifically, but once the episode starts, you can click on the progress bar to the second segment...about 8:50 into the episode.

It's worth the watch as a high profile show skewers Amtrak's hypocrisy:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/55853/the-...009#s-p1-sr-i0
Great segment. Thanks for posting! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.