Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Nipple rings cause security issue at airport (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nipple rings cause security issue at airport (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
So, what's your solution? Ban all credit cards from carry-on luggage?
Like that'd do the job anyways - how many other ways can YOU come up with to get the Evil Sharpened Credit Card Weapon onto your next flight?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by purpleskiesfly
True, but isn't there implied consent (throw the thread on this topic in here somewhere) to search the items you're carrying through security?
Judge Browning's opinion United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893 (CA9, 1973) is still the yardstick AFAIK:
...a screening of passengers and of the articles that will be accessible to them in flight does not exceed constitutional limitations provided that the screening process is no more extensive nor intensive than necessary, in the light of current technology, to detect the presence of weapons or explosives, that it is confined in good faith to that purpose, and that potential passengers may avoid the search by electing not to fly.
The provision rider seems to be widely ignored by the TSA (and their tame LEOs); they count on few, if any, passengers willing to confront them over it. DYW2FT.

(my emphases)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.