Wiki Posts
Search

Deceptive advertising by CLEAR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Deceptive advertising by CLEAR

Heard on a NYC area radio station this afternoon: buy a loved one a CLEAR card for the holidays and help them get through the airport security line in under 4 minutes.

Would you want anyone to buy you such a card and then have to give up all sorts of info to the government so that you could use it?

I wonder how many people will fall for this scam.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: GS MM United, Hilton Diamond, ICH Gold, Mariott Silver, TWA Plat MM (just for old times sake)
You know there will be a few... I went through SFO a couple of weeks ago, the guy ahead of me at the counter was so proud of his new card, I still beat him through security going through the UA elite line...
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Originally Posted by doober
Would you want anyone to buy you such a card and then have to give up all sorts of info to the government so that you could use it?
Not to mention the ongoing annual renewal fee; "CLEAR--the gift that keeps on taking..."
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
CLEARly a rip off
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:42 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Once they could no longer guarantee getting SSSS'd, they stopped being worth anything to me. At least I was able to get my money back... and the clear card is a perfect tool to chop very soft vegetables with

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.