Search

Pick A Card, Any Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite, etc, etc, etc
Pick A Card, Any Card

NY Gives You a Choice!

Crap, now to decide which ID is best for you? I guess that you can choose between:
A. Complete loss of civil liberties and privacy - soon to have bar codes tattooed on the back of your neck
B. Just a "flesh wound" of your civil liberties, state's rights, etc
C. Being classified as an illegal immigrant in my own county.
Great choices!!!

According to the article, Choice A gets you REAL ID on steroids.... wow... gotta love THAT option!

I guess we threw out State's Rights with the Constitution.... That also explains a bit about why Governor Terminator could not activate HIS (yes, Virginia, the Guard - under Title XXXII - works at the behest of the Governor. Title X should only be invoked outside of the US...but I digress) state's national guard.

Somebody wake me up when America returns!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I'm very disappointed to hear that NY didn't just give DHS the finger and produce their own IDs.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Wow -- I'm disappointed. I thought that finally we had found a politician (a governor, no less) who understood that a license to drive is not the same as proof of citizenship. That simple idea seems to be lost on the masses, just like ID is not security. <sigh>
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Boooooooooooo, New York!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzbdavid
That also explains a bit about why Governor Terminator
I'm sorry, only California has the real Governor Terminator. Yours must be an impostor.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite, etc, etc, etc
Originally Posted by birdstrike
I'm sorry, only California has the real Governor Terminator. Yours must be an impostor.
I was talking about Scwazzenneeggerrrehafjsalkf;las or however you spell it.

He was hampered in calling the California National Guard - a group HE controls - up for service during the fires... they were on border picket duty for W....

States Rights? What States Rights? Went the way of the Constitution......

This is only related as an example... the D/L is also a state issued and regulated item... no Federal interference should be needed... that is... if they read the Constitution....
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:53 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
So how long until we all get chipped and scanned where ever we go? A visual screen held near you could be the checking system of the future.

No chip? Then you will be chipped immediately and put on a watch list forever.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hvr
So how long until we all get chipped and scanned where ever we go? A visual screen held near you could be the checking system of the future.

No chip? Then you will be chipped immediately and put on a watch list forever.
Well we aren't chipped (yet) but we are scanned a whole lot. More and more cameras going up all over these days. Smile you're on candid camera...
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:08 pm

I guess the NY driver licenses weren't expensive enough before. I guess this will push them over the $100 mark and i assume it would still be 4 years.

If my company ever makes me move back to that forsaken state I think I'll just keep my SC license since it is good long enough that i probably wouldn't be in NY anymore when it expires.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:39 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by gj83
I guess the NY driver licenses weren't expensive enough before. I guess this will push them over the $100 mark and i assume it would still be 4 years.

If my company ever makes me move back to that forsaken state I think I'll just keep my SC license since it is good long enough that i probably wouldn't be in NY anymore when it expires.
"Why have you not updated your license, Comrade? Are you trying to hide something from us? Or not contribute to the State according to your ability? Off to the Gulag with you!"
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Why have you not updated your license, Comrade? Are you trying to hide something from us? Or not contribute to the State according to your ability? Off to the Gulag with you!"
While I understand Spiff is being sarcastic, this is a potential situation. Okay, maybe not the Gulag. However, I think most States have a law on the books that says you have x number of days to get a State D/L following moving. If you officially change your residence, you may well get in trouble for not having the appropriate D/L or ID (if a non-D/L ID is required in the State).
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gj83

NY licenses are good for 8 years.

Real ID is a federal law; your state will undoubtedly jump onboard soon enough.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Doppy
NY licenses are good for 8 years.

Real ID is a federal law; your state will undoubtedly jump onboard soon enough.
Not the one I just got rid of. $45 for 4 years and I had it for a whopping 11 months b/c I do follow the rules and change it all over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.