Wiki Posts
Search

Cottage Cheese - Not at THIS airport!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: PC Plat/Amb
Another case in point:

FSS 318.14 Noncriminal traffic infractions; exception; procedures.--

(1) Except as provided in ss. 318.17 and 320.07(3)(c), any person cited for a violation of chapter 316, s. 320.0605, s. 320.07(3)(a) or (b), s. 322.065, s. 322.15(1), s. 322.16(2) or (3), s. 322.161(5), s. 322.19, or s. 1006.66(3) is charged with a noncriminal infraction and must be cited for such an infraction and cited to appear before an official. If another person dies as a result of the noncriminal infraction, the person cited may be required to perform 120 community service hours under s. 316.027(4), in addition to any other penalties.

Just FYI, chapter 316 is the State Uniform Traffic Control.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:40 pm

How about the Ohio Revised Code:

4511.99 Penalty.

Whoever violates any provision of sections 4511.01 to 4511.76 of the Revised Code for which no penalty otherwise is provided in the section violated is guilty of one of the following:

(A) Except as otherwise provided in division (B) or (C) of this section, a minor misdemeanor;

(B) If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree;

(C) If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

In Ohio, Minor Misdemeanor = Infraction. No jail time attached.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Know what's funny about all of this? Cottage cheese is about 20-25% solids typically.

Cream cheese and cheesecakes frequently get scrutinized. Solids? 45-50%.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:01 pm

What was this thread about, anyway?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, CRC, HHS
Why Cottage Cheese?

My only question is why would anyone even eat cottage cheese?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because it's delicious and nutritious.

Originally Posted by prof1950
My only question is why would anyone even eat cottage cheese?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by We Will Never Forget
NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE
Yes, huge difference - the vehicle code is published and all officers, in theory, have to play by it's rules. The vehicle code is not top secret material - I can find out what it is rather easily. But the rules that the TSA is playing by are so secret that we can't prove they aren't making them up as they go along.

I'm sure you'll dispute this. You can say "We Will Never Forget" all you want but it seems the only thing that has been forgotten is common sense.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Because it's delicious and nutritious.
It *is* damn tasty. A cup of cottage cheese + a small apple makes an awesome breakfast.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:48 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
It almost seems that there should be a TS/S subsection for DiningBuzz
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by JakiChan
It *is* damn tasty. A cup of cottage cheese + a small apple makes an awesome breakfast.
Yum. Spoiled milk.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: Vanishing
You can say "We Will Never Forget" all you want but it seems the only thing that has been forgotten is common sense.
^^^
Old Sep 26, 2007, 9:01 am

Well I do appreciate the civics lessons sprinkled throughout the thread.
CMH is a hell hole on these matters. I had a very nasty encounter with respect to contact lens solution there awhile back. I escalated to the federal level with CCs to FSD. The deputy (assistant) FSD phoned me back ^, and went on to have a very poor understanding of the current issues on liquids, declarations, and health-related matters. I had to send him copies of national TSA directives on the matter. Needless to say, at CMH, incompetence and stupidity start at the top.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by We Will Never Forget
What was this thread about, anyway?
Something about cottage cheese, cheese wiz and traffic tickets.

I'm not going to argue the semantics of the legal code, since I'm not a lawyer. I guess the bottom line is that it makes absolutely no sense to me to confiscate cottage cheese.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do that often - also a dollop of cottage cheese in a cantaloupe half. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm having right now!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Well I do appreciate the civics lessons sprinkled throughout the thread.
CMH is a hell hole on these matters. I had a very nasty encounter with respect to contact lens solution there awhile back. I escalated to the federal level with CCs to FSD. The deputy (assistant) FSD phoned me back ^, and went on to have a very poor understanding of the current issues on liquids, declarations, and health-related matters. I had to send him copies of national TSA directives on the matter. Needless to say, at CMH, incompetence and stupidity start at the top.
Yeah - I have relatively pleasant experiences at PIT and have never been questioned over my choice to pack curded milk. CMH was, however, quite the opposite. I need to get my gf to move to PIT so I don't have to fly out of there ever again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.