Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why should I show my breasts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:22 am

First of all, I agree with Spiff; don't allow TSA to tell you how to dress. Wear what you feel comfortable and let TSA deal with it.

Originally Posted by VelvetKennedy
Just to clarify, I did a superquick search on Bloomingdales website to give some examples of women's suits that don't require a shirt underneath:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*-1*1

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*-1*9

I hope that helps...
It does help. I looked at your links, and those are more what I would classify as a top, not a jacket. Just tell them that it's not a jacket; it's a top. I wouldn't ask for these to come off. This is what I consider a suit jacket that needs to come off. Now say a lady is wearing this with only a dickie or a shell underneath and she informed me of such, I wouldn't force her to remove the jacket and expose herself. The protocol for this is to send her to secondary for a pat down in lieu of removing the jacket.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:54 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myrgirl
I looked at your links, and those are more what I would classify as a top, not a jacket.
Flashback - wasn't there also a Seinfeld episode where Elaine was complaining about a more attractive woman wearing "a bra as a top"?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
No, my name is the truth, I think maybe you don't know what "peachfronts" are though. I have a photograph of one at the top of my page if you are curious:

http://peachfront.diaryland.com/

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
You mean your name is a lie, you don't just have peaches in front?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peachfront
No, my name is the truth, I think maybe you don't know what "peachfronts" are though. I have a photograph of one at the top of my page if you are curious:

http://peachfront.diaryland.com/
Parrots don't have breasts to show.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
A French tourist did and was arrested for indecent exposure.

At what airport?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Fortunately, this won't happen in places like Canada where gender equal protection under the law has been verified by the top court.
Same with New York: anywhere where it's legal for a man to be shirtless, a woman is also allowed to be shirtless.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
At what airport?
Evansville Ind. Link in OP.

I have no idea why a tourist would be in Evansville, but there you go.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:00 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
I have no idea why a tourist would be in Evansville, but there you go.
No kidding. Once I saw it happened at EVV, I wasn't at all surprised that the woman was arrested.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
You wonder if those who allegedly are looking to do harm will just get around to recruiting 500-pounders and have them smuggle explosives/liquids in their folds of fat. I'd love (as in staring at car wrecks) to see TSA hand searching them.
You don't even need to do it. All you need to do is learn how to write arabic and post it up online. Then it will become a "credible" threat like how the liquid ban was.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:39 pm

There you go with that cop-talk again. And you didn't even get your gold shield yet .
Wally, if you actually read that part of my post and thought I was being serious, then... well... I'm sorry for you, I really am. Have you heard of Ativan?

Originally Posted by Essxjay
Answer me this then: Why the hell was it strongly recommended to me by a female screener back in January 2003 that if I didn't want the free feel-up in the future I should forgo the bra and wear a baggy sweater through the checkpoint from then on?

Absolutely Asinine™.
January 2003? Because it was a long time ago? I think it was after the pair of Russian female bombers that the emphasis on baggy clothing really became more... emphasized. Point is, at this point anything that obscures contours should be removed if possible, if not, then a pat down should follow. You know how it is, gotta keep those terrorists on their toes!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Obscures contours?

How about young males who wear jeans 4 sizes too big hanging off their rear end, with the crotch down by their knees, and about 6 inches too long. Where are the contours there? Are they asked to remove their clothing?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Obscures contours?

How about young males who wear jeans 4 sizes too big hanging off their rear end, with the crotch down by their knees, and about 6 inches too long. Where are the contours there? Are they asked to remove their clothing?
Of course not, they should be referred to secondary screening.

The issue is, not everyone is well versed in female business attire - and so one may be forgiven for not knowing there is nothing on underneath. A simple mistake, but you never have to remove any item of clothing, so ultimately the same thing would happen to you as the young male with very baggy jeans.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by n5667
Of course not, they should be referred to secondary screening.

The issue is, not everyone is well versed in female business attire - and so one may be forgiven for not knowing there is nothing on underneath. A simple mistake, but you never have to remove any item of clothing, so ultimately the same thing would happen to you as the young male with very baggy jeans.
And the interesting thing is that secondary wouldn't be required with puffers and WTMD's as it would pick up metal and nitrates.

But Kippie would rather get his jollies feeling everyone up by proxy.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
And the interesting thing is that secondary wouldn't be required with puffers and WTMD's as it would pick up metal and nitrates.

But Kippie would rather get his jollies feeling everyone up by proxy.
Yeah, except that puffers suck, and have very limited distribution... The things barely stay online for long before requiring servicing, apparently their filters don't handle large terminals well, and they weren't designed for the volumes they are generally saddled with.

I agree that security that doesn't include explosives detection equipment is handicapped...
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by n5667
Yeah, except that puffers suck, and have very limited distribution... The things barely stay online for long before requiring servicing, apparently their filters don't handle large terminals well, and they weren't designed for the volumes they are generally saddled with.

I agree that security that doesn't include explosives detection equipment is handicapped...
So what is TSA doing to rectify the situation, other then just letting them sit and collect dust? TSA should have had the companies invest a lot more into making them work better before deploying them.

However, instead of using a technology that works but has some issues, he's using a technology that works well but doesn't do anything to detect what's being looked for. That doesn't register very high on the smarts scale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.