Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why should I show my breasts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by peachfront
I sort of have to agree with the TSA officer. I'm not sure where it would be appropriate in public to wear a business suit with no top under the jacket. It sounds like fetish wear.
Fetish wear? How about stylish wear?

I wear a sport/jogging bra at the airport. Once or twice, they have asked for more layers to come off, than just the jacket.
Just what type of layers are you wearing that would interfere with the WTMD?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:03 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sort of have to agree with the TSA officer. I'm not sure where it would be appropriate in public to wear a business suit with no top under the jacket. It sounds like fetish wear.
I don't have anything like that now but I once had a boffo summer suit with a fitted jacket under which you certainly wouldn't wear anything. Think a coatdress that is two pieces.

I'm not going to be wearing my Victoria Secret's underwired miracle workers in a security line anyway. It seems like somebody could take out the pads and take in quite a lot of contraband in some of those designs.
Fortunately that does not seem to have occurred even to the TSA. Or are they now disassembling bras, like take out your laptop and turn it on?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Perhaps because "they're real, and they're magnificent?"
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by JHattery
(It's killing me - name the scene!) It's hard to believe a US agency would sink this low. Time to upgrade TSA training, so these people understand?

Who would have guessed that this is today's consequence of the 'war on terror'.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:17 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having gotten the "full paw" the last two times I travelled (which for now are the last), I have to add that that is as bad as showing.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:34 pm

I think this applies in this situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRl1W...elated&search=

Just do what she does!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by JHattery
Originally Posted by BiziBB
(It's killing me - name the scene!)
Teri Hatcher answers the question about her breasts....Seinfeld, Season 7, The Implants
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by jonesing
Teri Hatcher answers the question about her breasts....Seinfeld, Season 7, The Implants
I'd forgotten that one... (can't stand her!)
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I sort of have to agree with the TSA officer. I'm not sure where it would be appropriate in public to wear a business suit with no top under the jacket. It sounds like fetish wear. Senator Vitter, you may go in and see the mistress now... Probably I'm just not up on current styles, but to me it is not businesslike if you forgot to wear your shirt!

I wear a sport/jogging bra at the airport. Once or twice, they have asked for more layers to come off, than just the jacket. A sport bra that is decent for public viewing at the gym should be OK for a brief exposure. I'm not going to be wearing my Victoria Secret's underwired miracle workers in a security line anyway. It seems like somebody could take out the pads and take in quite a lot of contraband in some of those designs.

Better yet in my opinion would be the sport bra with a form-fitting opaque-colored shell over it. Sometimes I like a turtleneck shell, but if you want to look shirtless under your jacket, then you could pick a design with a low-cut neckline. The main thing is to have the item follow the figure so that it doesn't look as if you're trying to conceal something. When I dress like this, I've never been asked to strip down to the sports bra and flash my fans. No doubt much to their relief!
It's very common for suit jacket to be worn without much underneath, a thin silk camisole in the summer is about it. If it is acceptable for them to ask a woman to do this than why not men who wear an undershirt under their dress shirt? As baggy as some of them wear it would be at least as easy to conceal something under that as it would be for a very fitted suit jacket. The whole thing is such total BS anyway - inconsistant at best and totally ineffective.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I guarantee they don't ask you to take off the thin silk camisole. If they do, come back and tell peachfront, and I'll beat them across the head and shoulders with my real and magnificents!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guarantee they don't ask you to take off the thin silk camisole. If they do, come back and tell peachfront, and I'll beat them across the head and shoulders with my real and magnificents!
Not peachfront, then?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 4:04 am

I think the French woman decided to divest herself. If TSA ordered you to take off a garment and expose yourself they wouldn't be able to take any action.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
A French tourist did and was arrested for indecent exposure.
I think the scenarios would be different. The French woman took her clothes off in a fit of anger during a secondary. She probably could have gotten away with it if she had feigned a little problem with the language and did this in response to a screener's orders.

In this scenario (academic at best because I'm not female), I would, first of all, have my legal ducks lined up and would be prepared to be arrested. Then, I would make it very clear, for the purposes of the checkpoint video, that I was simply following the screener's orders. This would mean you would have to get them to respond to clarification questions such as, "Do I understand that you require me to remove my outer garment?"

The scenario would have to go like this:

Screener: "Ma'am, you have to remove your outer garment."

You: "Are you requesting I remove my outer garment?"

Screener: "Yes, I'm requesting you remove your outer garment unless it is the only layer of clothing you are wearing."

You: "This is the outer layer of clothing. (Don't admit you aren't wearing anything underneath.) OK, I'll remove it."

Let the fun begin... I would also have an associate close at hand with a cell phone or other small device capable of recording the dialogue, because the checkpoint only records video. You'll need it when the TSA tries to make an example of you.

The reality is that the TSA can't ignore angry women, so I hope a brave woman goes through with this some day.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by donaghadee
I think the French woman decided to divest herself. If TSA ordered you to take off a garment and expose yourself they wouldn't be able to take any action.
I wouldn't be surprised if the TSA then arrested her for lewd behaviour - mind you it help pay off the mortgage when you sue them
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:20 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
Got caught like that once, wearing practically nothing under my blazer, and was allowed through without taking it off. Then the next time I had forgotten to dress appropriately security had tightened up a lot and I more or less had to strip to my underwear - NOT a pretty sight, in my case - and now I feel it's just not worth the hassle and I try to remember to wear a tee-shirt underneath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.