Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Costco card as valid ID

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I'd use my Costco card, but it doesn't look like me. It looks more like a bad rorschach test.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Savage25
I do have photo ID issued by a foreign government. I've been using my passport all this while, so not sure whether this ID would work. Does anybody know?
It should work. It is, after all, a "Government issued photo ID" All the drones at the airport are going to care about is that the name is the same as what is on the ticket and that it has not expired.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xyzzy
It should work. It is, after all, a "Government issued photo ID" All the drones at the airport are going to care about is that the name is the same as what is on the ticket and that it has not expired.
Thanks. If it isn't accepted, what additional screening is there?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I always found that must having an expiration date ridiculous. What? Because it expired yesterday means I'm no longer me?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by mirage1228
I like to use my FL issued firearms concealed carry permit card, especially at places like SFO
Did that coming out of ORD...the ID checker had to call a super because (a) the FL CW/FL says "State of Florida" yet my address wasn't in FL and (b) she didn't know if such a card was "legal" to use/have in the first place But using at MCO was no problem though the checked didn't realize you didn't have to be a resident to get one.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:42 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Hmm.. that sounds eerily like my Texas DL with a Florida address

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.