Wiki Posts
Search

Puffer Hits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Puffer Hits

Just curious here - has anyone witnessed a puffer "hit," where the puffer alarms to someone? If so, what was the result?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Had it happen one time when I was in ROC - stepped in and the thing went off. They did something on the panel and it reran its little routine and they let me go no questions asked.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:34 pm

Programs: TSA
I see them everyday. The result is that the person that rang the alarm gets a full frisking and their bags get swabbed.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
I see them everyday. The result is that the person that rang the alarm gets a full frisking and their bags get swabbed.
To DEN's credit, I noticed today that people wear their shoes through the puffer again (but still have to remove them afterward).
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Think of the Charlton

Originally Posted by vassilipan
Just curious here - has anyone witnessed a puffer "hit," where the puffer alarms to someone? If so, what was the result?
Oh, it's not a pretty sight. Once again, TSA has used the new machines to mission creep itself into expanded areas. Puffer alarmees don't go to the SSSS Line, they get sent to the new Soylent Green Line.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by eyecue
Have you ever seen one person with plans to blow up an airplane stopped by the TSA?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Originally Posted by Texas_Dawg
Have you ever seen one person with plans to blow up an airplane stopped by the TSA?
I'm sure that's SSI.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta DM
have yet to get a puffer machine. I try and AVOID them when i can.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by vassilipan
I'm sure that's SSI.
Given all the press that the TSA puts out about stopping people with "bombs" or knifes in shoes (that they end up being wrong about), I'm sure that we would hear about a true terrorist being stopped.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by LessO2
To DEN's credit, I noticed today that people wear their shoes through the puffer again (but still have to remove them afterward).
Why should that be to DEN's credit? What is the reason for having to remove one's shoes if neither the WWMD nor the puffer alarms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.