Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking tamiflu to asia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Taking tamiflu to asia

Is it possible to get a prophylatic prescription for tamiflu for travels in asia? Anyone try this?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bones123
Is it possible to get a prophylatic prescription for tamiflu for travels in asia? Anyone try this?
Why would you want to? The bird flu is in birds, not humans. There's an occasional case where it infects someone who deals with birds but that's about it.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:28 pm

Perhaps save your money for a nice meal:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/22/news...al/roche.reut/
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:03 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bones123
I do not travel to Asia without Tamiflu.

Yes, of course it is possible.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you're going to be really off the beaten path, it's probably not worth worrying about this. If you're going to be off the beaten path, you should see your doctor and discuss all of the other shots and meds you'll want anyways, so you could bring this up then.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
I'm confused. Isn't tamiflu an Italian desert? Why would anyone need a prescription for it?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Certain medical items are often regulated in either their transport and/or import/export. Just consider whether some countries have laws and regulations that may complicate the transport of vaccines and/or their import/export before jumping on the hysteria bandwagon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.