Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does removing my shoes speed things up?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by eyecue
I suppose that is one perspective on it. On one hand though you are saying that cargo is a hole, that hints at the fact that the other modes are pretty secure. Cargo screening has its own problems with associated logistics and costs.

Final answer on shoes is that the screener looks at them or doesnt look at them while they are on your feet and makes a recommendation to you about removing them. You don't have to take them off! However we do have to screen them! Therefore you get sent down for secondary screening UNLESS there are screeners available to take care of just swabbing the shoes. Provided of course that you dont alarm the WTMD. The way that it works is you get two chances at the WTMD for metal alarms. You get no second chances with the shoe removal. Come through with them on after being asked to send them through the x-ray and you are going to get the secondary.
How come then, SNA, OAK, FAT, PHX (Some of the time), JFK let me walk through, and not swab my non-profile shoes? Do they all do it wrong?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by LV702
How come then, SNA, OAK, FAT, PHX (Some of the time), JFK let me walk through, and not swab my non-profile shoes? Do they all do it wrong?
ITs a judgement call on the part of the screener. Plus some are lazy about it. We hear it all the time at DEN: "they didnt make me ..... at (insert name of airport here.) DEN is a shoe fetish airport and we do all shoes all the time.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
ITs a judgement call on the part of the screener. Plus some are lazy about it. We hear it all the time at DEN: "they didnt make me ..... at (insert name of airport here.) DEN is a shoe fetish airport and we do all shoes all the time.
That's because your FSD (federal "security" director) Patrick Ahlstrom, is a piece of human garbage who belongs in a North Korean gulag.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
This is WRONG and all TSA employees at DEN should be terminated. There is criteria for shoe removal, but it's painfully apparent that not ONE screener at DEN is intelligent enough to know how thick 1" is, so all shoes are screened.

Moronic, simply moronic.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:52 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Lazy is right. At LAS they make everyone take everything off. Including 1/4 inch sandels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.