sky marshall question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:11 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
sky marshall question

I flew on flight 474 from atl to lga(dep. 6:30 am), today, 1/02/06. I was seated in 2D. The flight was about 10 minutes late in boarding and as soon as they opened the boarding process (they let a family on first) they called group 1 to board, I was the third person (and noticed the first two). When I got to my seat 2C was already occupied and the man was already reading a paperback novel. He looked like (from descriptions in other spots on ft) what one would expect a sky marshall to look like; he was stocky, crew cut, though he was not wearing a suit. Is my guess correct?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
I flew on flight 474 from atl to lga(dep. 6:30 am), today, 1/02/06. I was seated in 2D. The flight was about 10 minutes late in boarding and as soon as they opened the boarding process (they let a family on first) they called group 1 to board, I was the third person (and noticed the first two). When I got to my seat 2C was already occupied and the man was already reading a paperback novel. He looked like (from descriptions in other spots on ft) what one would expect a sky marshall to look like; he was stocky, crew cut, though he was not wearing a suit. Is my guess correct?
Not necessarily - There are plenty of other groups (FAA, Airline personnel, ect) that sometimes preboard in advance of general boarding.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Xcheckme
Not necessarily - There are plenty of other groups (FAA, Airline personnel, ect) that sometimes preboard in advance of general boarding.
The odds are overwhelming that it was a FAM. In addition, this is a topic that belongs on the TS/S board and that is where it is headed.

Rssrsvp - Moderator
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
FAM's don't usually take a window seat do they?

What did the FA say when you told her/him that your assigned seat was occupied? I'd be curious to see how they handled that. Normally, you would have been paged by the GA before boarding and given another seat assignment.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by Marylou
FAM's don't usually take a window seat do they?

What did the FA say when you told her/him that your assigned seat was occupied? I'd be curious to see how they handled that. Normally, you would have been paged by the GA before boarding and given another seat assignment.
Originally Posted by nrr
OP said their seat was 2D (window). Seat 2C (aisle) was already occupied (though there should have been a comma in the sentence to clarify its intended meaning). So they did not have a duplicate seat and the person in question was in the aisle.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
what i would be curious if when the op spotted the FAM with a gun, would he or she go up to the FA and ask that it be removed. If it was me, i would. Stupid as it sounds. Unless the fam can prove who he or she really is, i would consider them dangerous cos they carry a gun which is technically a banned item.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by trekkie
what i would be curious if when the op spotted the FAM with a gun, would he or she go up to the FA and ask that it be removed. If it was me, i would. Stupid as it sounds. Unless the fam can prove who he or she really is, i would consider them dangerous cos they carry a gun which is technically a banned item.
Your right...it does sound stupid. Let us know how that works out for you.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by hiltonhead
It is times like this that I come to realize that sometimes the smart arse answer really is the right call.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by hiltonhead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.