Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Interesting: "Expedited No Fly List . . . Clearance" link on front of TSA website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: "Expedited No Fly List . . . Clearance" link on front of TSA website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by artemis
I've had notaries stamp photocopies of many documents in the past; of course, I had to bring the original document along so that they could compare it to the photocopy and insure the copy was an exact duplicate of the original.

artemis...thanks for the comments and welcome to FlyerTalk and the Travel Safety/Security Forum!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:58 pm

Yes, welcome to artemis! I believe that key to notarizing something is to have the original on hand. Even better if you can get the notary to make the photocopy and notarize in one fell swoop.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:48 pm

TSA screwed up

Originally Posted by studentff
www.tsa.gov
http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?th...000519800fb8af
http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1829.xml

Nothing new here except TSA having the guts to put it on the front page of their website. Rather than starting with "We recognize that some passengers" it should be "We deeply apologize and regret that some passengers," but that's a nit pick.

Still a lot of question as to if the "clearance" process does any good.

Also interesting that TSA recognizes the Privacy Act impilcations of this clearance process as indicated in the text ^ although they continue to fail to do so when an ETD alarms.
I jumped thru all the hoops and it is only a marginal improvement. Only helps on certain airlines, and then only if u are a frequent flyer with an ID on each airline.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sutermeister
I jumped thru all the hoops and it is only a marginal improvement. Only helps on certain airlines, and then only if u are a frequent flyer with an ID on each airline.
sutermeister......welcome to FlyerTalk and the TS/S Forum. We hope you’ll continue to join in the discussion on the various threads.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Miggles
I called TSA in December about getting the ball rolling on this crap. When should I expect to receive the form or some kind of response from them? The whole process was supposed to take 45 days from the data I filled out the form, but now its been 45+ days since I called them, and I have yet to receive a form or any other request for information. What an absolute waste of time and security dollars.

What gets my goat even more is that the TSA could have at least put a PDF file of the PIV form so that I don't have to wait wait wondering whether or not someone trashed my original request.

The really dumb thing is that TSA obviously added anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of passengers to these lists. In effect they cast such a wide net, that now they are going to have to expend huge resources just to send out forms, review the forms, and notify airlines of the many corrections. What do they think the US is, Iraq with an estimated 40,000 insurgents running amok?
Same thing happened to me, called the TSA and provided all of the requested information over the phone so i could get my paperwork from them and nothing.......about 30 days later i called again and they faxed me the information right away. I've sent in the completed forms and 4 notorized copies of the accepted forms of I.D. and i am still waiting for an answer from the TSA, it's been about 25 days so far. Good luck!!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: WN CP
It took ten months (first watchlist problem occurred for me in January 2005), but this appears to have worked for me. Two weeks ago I checked in with the WN CSA, was told that my reservation was populated with my passport number, etc. and it wouldn't be long until OLCI worked for me. This morning it did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.