TSA Complaint Form?

Old Jan 17, 05, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

TSA Complaint Form?

I am confused (okay, so what else is new). Last month at IAH I asked for a TSA complaint form and I was told that there is only a telephone number. They gave me a pre-printed sheet that had the number on it with some additional info. They even confirmed this was the case with a DFSD at IAH.

Today I called that number and after being on hold for over 15 minutes, I was also informed that there is no complaint form. I was to give my complaint over the phone or via e-mail.

From what I have read here on this forum, I thought that every TSA airport was required to have a complaint form available. Am I mistaken?
Old Jan 17, 05, 12:46 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I have been told this also. I think that the policy must vary from airport to airport. One time I asked to speak to the TSA manager in charge at the particular airport involved and he handled the situation " on the spot". At PBI, you won't get a form but in PHL they will readily hand you one, at least on Terminal E in PHL. It would be interesting to have one of the TSA people clarify this for all of us.
Old Jan 17, 05, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I think that the policy must vary from airport to airport.
The TSA does not ensure that any aspect of its stated (ie. published) policy is actually enforced at any airport. Some FSDs do implement it to the letter, but they appear to be the exception.

Until and unless this monster is made accountable, we are at the mercy of whatever the locals decide to do on any given day/time/mood etc. SSI you know
Old Jan 17, 05, 6:10 pm

Wink Complaint/compliment

The FSD Does have the power to ADJUST the SOP to their Local needs....

At my airport we have a complaint/compliment form. Believe or Not We Do get compliments
Old Jan 17, 05, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TSAscreener
The FSD Does have the power to ADJUST the SOP to their Local needs....

At my airport we have a complaint/compliment form. Believe or Not We Do get compliments
Thanks for the info. Is the complaint/compliment form made specifically for your airport or is it a TSA form?
Old Jan 17, 05, 6:37 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
When I asked for the form in PDX, they had the form to fill out. In EWR, the printed quarter sheet with the phone number and email address.

YMMV

Search this Thread