Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA Distasteful Dual Standard For Shoe Inspections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Distasteful Dual Standard For Shoe Inspections

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:22 pm

Might I suggest you reconsider that notion? I have witnessed TSA personnel secret weapons past the checkpoint at my checkpoint. Management, depending on the person violating security procedures, turns a blind eye to this all of the time.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bocastephen:
I think we assume that a TSA employee would never use their access to a secure area to sneak a prohibited item or weapon past the checkpoint and give it to an accomplice on the other side....we just assume that would not happen.</font>
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:26 pm

The TSA will tell you they do it because of Richard Reid's ill-fated attempt at making a "shoe-bomb". In any event, I agree, a determined maniac or jihadi can bring a large variety of things through a checkpoint.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
I think that is a lie. The TSA is perpetuating this lie to keep their useless jobs. There is nothing that can be hidden in shoes that cannot be hidden on or in a person. The terrorists chatter, we act like imbeciles. The terrorists laugh their asses off.

</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.