Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Laptop and Tablet stolen from KIX United Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laptop and Tablet stolen from KIX United Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by transportprof
I'd encourage reporting this to United. Whether they take liability or not, they have a list of all the people who were in the KIX lounge pre-flight. It can't be that long of a list.
What's good to report to UA for a lounge don't even operated or exclusively used by UA ?

A contract lounge is a lounge used by a bunch of airlines, while the list of UA pax being able to use that lounge may not be long, but how do you find out about guest ? And other airlines that use that lounge ? Doesn't make any sense at all !
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:35 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
I always place my computer bag in the overhead bin across from where I am sitting for the sole purpose of being able to see it when someone else opens the bin for something. This works even if you are sitting in a window seat.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by controller1
My laptop is one-third of the weight of my brief bag. I can't imagine that one would not notice the difference in weight upon leaving the club.
I dunno. Today's laptops are pretty light, and if you're carrying one in a backpack with a bunch of other stuff I could easily see not noticing it being missing.

Even if it was heavier, it can be easy to miss something in the rush of travel. I used to have to lug around a ginormous Lenovo, and one time I accidentally left it in the gray bin at security. You'd think I would have missed the weight, but I didn't have a clue it was missing until I went into my bag to get something else. Luckily, I was able to run off the plane, retrieve it, and make it back to my seat before the door closed, but it was close.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I'm always cautious about leaving things in a Lounge while going to the restroom but let my good senses guard down in Asia. Guess I won't feel so stupid dragging my luggage in the restroom or stall anymore. That lounge at KIX is also awful as it only has one restroom/stall for men. Sorry about your loss.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
I always place my computer bag in the overhead bin across from where I am sitting for the sole purpose of being able to see it when someone else opens the bin for something.
So you never sleep on a flight?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BH62
Someone upthread mentioned tracking programs
I work for a company that provides services to track and recover stolen laptops. We recover between 50 and 150 stolen devices per week (majority laptops, but also Samsung tablets & phones).

Don't want to be accused of spamming, so PM me if you'd like the name of the product.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:54 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Since this is more of a TSS issue please follow the discussion there.

Safe Travels,

J. Edward
UA Forum co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.