Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA Random Gate Inspection - Where to File Complaint?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Random Gate Inspection - Where to File Complaint?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by bk3day
It was a sting operation where an grandmotherly type TSA shilling as a passenger wandered towards the gate's boarding door and eventually boarded the plane without a boarding pass.
So the TSA has no faith that their employees are properly screening people for entry into the sterile area, or are they doing more revenue protection on behalf of the airline?

Either way, it's a stupid waste of resources, and the TSA should be held accountable for disrupting flight operations.

Best way to submit TSA complaint -
Downloadable form

Mail it to the airport's Federal Security Director, find the address here

Follow up with a phone call to the TSA's Complaint Line: 866-289-9673
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by bk3day
fwiw, this was a United Express flight operated by Atlantic SouthEast Airlines.
The GA let a Grandma on an ASA flight? That's elderly abuse, clear cut...
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:01 pm

One GA is supposed to work magic and TSA finds this funny? How about the times they are found slouching and stealing people's property?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I was waiting to board on USAir flight #634 at PHX last night when 4 TSA agents surrounded the gate area and made a random gate check about 5 minutes before boarding. They were mingling around the flyers asking for I.D.'s and boarding passes. Whispering between themselves and randomly selecting some to inspect their baggage on a rolling cart. They eventually checked just about everyone's I.D. & boarding pass as we stood in line to board. It made for a very chaotic and late boarding and some who paid to board early were detained and boarded late. The GA seemed frazzled after announcing it was a random check. I don't mind the TSA doing their job but this was very poorly executed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.