Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

"SSSS" - Secondary Security Screening Selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"SSSS" - Secondary Security Screening Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Originally Posted by MikeCL
I got a SSSS on my boarding ticket on my flight bound to the US from MNL I've only heard of it.. I'll have to check the last time I went but I don't think I saw it on those tickets as well.. for me while still in the Philippines the only thing I saw different was my laptop got swabbed but I didn't really pay attention to anyone else. Now getting back to the US was a whole different thing.. an old arrest record from my ex wife is still enough not to pass.. but I knew that was coming so I told the officer head to the back office?

It was questions like
1. Purpose of the visit
2. How long did you stay for
3. Who did you go see
4. Do you have anything to declare.
5. Your free to go.
SSSS is applicable at the security checkpoint and/or the boarding gate, not at immigration or customs.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.