Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RFID Global Entry Card procedure?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

RFID Global Entry Card procedure?

I am at my wit's end and am hoping for help. I have GE membership but got it before 7/12/11 so do not have the RFID card. I received an email advising me that for a $15 fee, I could get the card (which would get me an expedited exit from Canada - where I am planning to go). I logged onto the GE site and was asked to change my passord which it did. But I must have followed the wrong clicks because I think I ended up asking for an interview. I ended my on-line contact at that point. The orginal email did not say how the card would be obtained but I assume it's through the mail. Can someone PLEASE tell me what steps to follow after I enter the GE web site in order to pay my $15 and get the card?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
There are a few threads on this topic already, you might want to read up on their experience (search global entry should do it).

You are forced through the application process, and told about the interview, but no one is following up with that. The card arrives about 10 days or so later.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

I did a search on the topic but I could not find anything related to the actual process. Are you saying that I actually reach the point on the web site that lists the available initial interview appointment times, I have to choose one? Can you tell me if that's followed up with a screen that will ask me for a credit card to charge the $15 to?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Here is a thread for you ... I haven't done it yet, but the info is correct above.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-safety-security/1246419-global-entry-card.html
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Going Away - Thank you for referring me to the correct thread. I read through it, went to GOES, and eventually ended up at the "$15 payment" screen. I really want the card so I don't have to stand in the DisneyWorld-like lines when I exit Canada. Maybe I'm just getting old but I am a bit taken aback at the acceptance of the flyertalk thread messages that just seem to take for granted how incompetent the Customs and Border Protection are in the presentation of this new "benefit." How is anyone (that's me) expected to understand that a current GE participant has to repeat the entry process in order to get a card.
(That's not a question - it's a rant.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.