Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA questions passenger who has fake head in his bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA questions passenger who has fake head in his bag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by cordelli
Freaky technology. They put the dead person (or animal) into a laser scanner, collect a thousand dollars from the family, and some factory someplace and get the resin head back.

Not something I would want on my gravestone, and think they would have a way more profitable business if they did other body parts for less money, but that's another story.
"Here lies Frank... What a d*ck"

Back OT, I can think of a number of things I'd like to say to the TSO in this case, all highly inappropriate.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'm sorry, I just burst out laughing every time I think about this thread.

Mike
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Ugh, will the TSA never learn? Repeat after me:

Just because something is unusual does not mean it's a security threat.

The TSA is increasingly becoming a conformity machine, harassing and threatening anything that looks unusual. It's a waste of time and money and often a blatant infringement of passenger rights and dignity.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:42 pm

How long till someone goes through security with a bag full of manure? I mean they are just begging for that and any number of similar pranks. Do you think there's some hidden regulation they can cite about manure in a carryon?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm sorry, I just burst out laughing every time I think about this thread.

Mike
Now to be fair to the TSOs, they were probably just trying to kill time until they found Joe Pesci, the other 7 heads, and the duffel bag...

... 'cause hey, how often do you get to meet Joe Pesci.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by JoeBas
Now to be fair to the TSOs, they were probably just trying to kill time until they found Joe Pesci, the other 7 heads, and the duffel bag...

... 'cause hey, how often do you get to meet Joe Pesci.
Or maybe they're finally coming to grips with the fact that a fake head is the only chance of them being on the receiving end of fellatio in the future and therefore were looking for a way to confiscate it.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Sky Miles, Star Alliance, Marriott
Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
How long till someone goes through security with a bag full of manure? I mean they are just begging for that and any number of similar pranks. Do you think there's some hidden regulation they can cite about manure in a carryon?
Isn't manure combustible? I'm sure they can ban it based on that.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by G_Wolf
If that was the case, then passengers with ostomy bags and soiled diapers wouldn't be allowed to pass the checkpoint, either.

And as much as we've seen reports of passengers in those situations who've experienced difficulties in screening, I don't think we've heard of any of them actually being denied access to the concourse.

If such a passenger were to encounter problems, I think a more likely scenario would be accusations of "interfering with the screening process", based on the assumption that the passenger in question was deliberately trying to provoke the screener rather than actually transport a bag full of manure aboard an aircraft. Or, there might be some airport regulation that airport security and/or LEOs might be summoned to handle.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by G_Wolf
So is clothing. Aftershave. If the truly wanted to ban combustibles from carryons, that'd really lighten them up. Besides, people who burn manure do so after it has dehydrated. Fresh from the cow, it'd be hard to light.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
I think the way to do this (to make the ensuing conversation as hilarious as possible) is to have many different kinds of manure all in different, labeled plastic baggies. Your story is that you are a manure salesman and these are your samples. The variety and quality of your product is what sets it apart, and so far you are on track this year to win the brown Cadillac for your sales: you've build a lifestyle around this stuff and your company is the Mary Kay of sh!+.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
If that was the case, then passengers with ostomy bags and soiled diapers wouldn't be allowed to pass the checkpoint, either.
Nor would anyone be allowed to take a dump after passing into the "sterile" area...
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by JumboD
I think the way to do this (to make the ensuing conversation as hilarious as possible) is to have many different kinds of manure all in different, labeled plastic baggies. Your story is that you are a manure salesman and these are your samples. The variety and quality of your product is what sets it apart, and so far you are on track this year to win the brown Cadillac for your sales: you've build a lifestyle around this stuff and your company is the Mary Kay of sh!+.
Ah. Jumbo D has caught the "spirit" of the matter. And is far more creative in creating a scenario that everyone in the line around you will be talking about on coffee break. With multiple spit takes by fellow workers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.