Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My tactical pen is a weapon?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

My tactical pen is a weapon?

I just got a tactical pen just because I like its heft. It's rounded on both ends and weighs about as much as a roll of dimes.

It's not a weapon per se, and it's different from the item found in this thread, but I suppose I could jab it into someone's eye just like I could a 15 cent Bic.

Wondering if they'd steal it from me at the checkpoint.

My pen is dangerous?

Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver
Originally Posted by Mikey likes it

My pen is dangerous?

Take the space out and that might be dangerous too - they might have to have a touchy-feely check around there.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:10 pm

It's a nice looking pen. What do you think?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: TSA
Based on previous experience, that could, possibly () be considered a weapon. The design allows it to double as a Kubaton, a striking item, and still sign for the package at the office. I wouldn't risk running into someone that would give you a hard time over it - send it in checked bags if you take it with you.

That sucker is heavy man! I like that one myself, might have to order one for the homestead!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by nufcrule3
Take the space out and that might be dangerous too - they might have to have a touchy-feely check around there.
OCHTT! Thanks a lot...I just spilled my tea all over my keyboard thanks to you!

(Thanks for the laugh, anyway. )
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by gsoltso
Based on previous experience, that could, possibly () be considered a weapon. The design allows it to double as a Kubaton, a striking item, and still sign for the package at the office. I wouldn't risk running into someone that would give you a hard time over it - send it in checked bags if you take it with you.

That sucker is heavy man! I like that one myself, might have to order one for the homestead!
Yeah, perfect place for a TSA employee to steal it...
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: Independent Libertarian
Disassemble It!

I say this only part in jest but it would be great if you disassembled it and then put a Preparation H wrapped suppository in the open end of it.
Then pack the Prep H box alongside it in your carryon. If tsa were stupid enough to ask about the pen just say its an obvious aid for a medical condition.

Last edited by bajajoes; Apr 22, 2011 at 7:06 pm Reason: sp.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
My question is under what circumstances would one need to use a pen at +250°F ?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Global warming?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Yeah, that aspect of the space pens is pretty useless.

While I don't have a fancy pen like his I have carried a space pen for ages and I love it. They simply don't leak and they write in any position--this means you can throw a piece of paper up on the wall and write on it. I've done that many a time with mine.

I only use mine as one to carry with me, for a normal home or office environment I prefer a gel pen because they write nicer.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:41 am

I just got a tactical pen just because I like its heft. It's rounded on both ends and weighs about as much as a roll of dimes.

It's not a weapon per se, and it's different from the item found in this thread, but I suppose I could jab it into someone's eye just like I could a 15 cent Bic.

My pen is dangerous?

Nice pen, thanks for the link.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bajajoes
I say this only part in jest but it would be great if you disassembled it and then put a Preparation H wrapped suppository in the open end of it.
Then pack the Prep H box alongside it in your carryon. If tsa were stupid enough to ask about the pen just say its an obvious aid for a medical condition.

(bolding mine)

Thanks for a great belly laugh so early in the morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.