Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another nightmare at PHX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Wow, that's how much money someone can make with TSA?
"Callahan moved back to Boston in 2008 to become the number two TSA employee at Logan, making almost $100,000 more a year than when she started six years before".
My Goodness, it gets worse and worse and worse and much, much more depressing post after post.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by vs_itsallgood
We've thought about that, but on the exact dates of my April flight the tix came in at nearly 2x the cost of PHX and the rental cars actually cost more due to the more limited selection in Tucson, notwithstanding the lack of that nearly 100% facility tax PHX has going.
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I thought you were from PHX not the other way round .
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: One Pass Gold, Delta Medallion , Avis, Hertz, Budget, most hotels
One of the comments on Daily Kos raises the interesting and potentially effective strategy of making this a case of racial discrimination.

I believe that a legitimate argument can be made that the egregious treatment of these passengers was a product of their "being different" from the screeners and thus less worthy of proper treatment.

Similar evidence of this pattern can be seen in the theft cases at JFK and EWR where Indian and Middle Eastern passengers were targeted for theft.

I suggest that the OP file a complaint with Dept of Justice Civil Rights Division
http://www.justice.gov/crt/
Phone (202) 514-4609

There is no penalty of they decide not to pursue this. But this will place TSA in the exactly the position that they are seeking to avoid by groping everyone, being accused of racial bias. That is apparently what has happened here and their prosecution would be fitting retribution for this horrific misconduct.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by n4zhg
On the contrary, I hope it does. I want the tourist economy to tank. I want the hotels to be mostly empty. I want no lines at Disney because no one wants to get raped by the TSA at Orlando.

Maybe then the powerful people who depend on tourism tax dollars to remain unhanged will do something about these STASI wannabees.
^^
Agree. Money appears to be the only voice corporations listen too.
We can talk until we are blue in the face, and tell me what it has gotten us.
When businesses start to feel the pinch, then just maybe they will wake up and start caring about their customers.

I vote with my feet. I just wish others would also.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: One Pass Gold, Delta Medallion , Avis, Hertz, Budget, most hotels
I forgot to include another outlet, The Drudge Report.

Submit the entire story in News Tips at lower right of page, be sure to include an email address so they can contact you. They usually post links but occasionally run their own stories. This one may be right up their alley.

They are very sympathetic to our plight and apparently Matt Drudge has had a run in with TSA and is no fan of the agency.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fisher1949
One of the comments on Daily Kos raises the interesting and potentially effective strategy of making this a case of racial discrimination.

I believe that a legitimate argument can be made that the egregious treatment of these passengers was a product of their "being different" from the screeners and thus less worthy of proper treatment.

Similar evidence of this pattern can be seen in the theft cases at JFK and EWR where Indian and Middle Eastern passengers were targeted for theft.

I suggest that the OP file a complaint with Dept of Justice Civil Rights Division
http://www.justice.gov/crt/
Phone (202) 514-4609

There is no penalty of they decide not to pursue this. But this will place TSA in the exactly the position that they are seeking to avoid by groping everyone, being accused of racial bias. That is apparently what has happened here and their prosecution would be fitting retribution for this horrific misconduct.
First off, all options are open. I just want to give it a little cool off period, since I am steamed and my wife and her mom will come home in 12 hrs or so.
When I travel in the U.S. I always opt out. They always target me, the 70 year old guy with a cane. Maybe they think I am easy prey just like Mrs. Ex and M-I-L? How many times did I post that old people, handicapped people and the like are top targets by TSA? It goes in reverse as well when I enter the U.S. CBP knows that I have a different passport and they always ask me intriguing questions, sometimes even send me to secondary. Why? Who knows. I would love to be 100% U.S. citizen, but the U.S. government leaves me no choice. I love freedom, ironically my first reason to emigrate to the States.. As I said, didn't work out as planned. And with their treatment of Mrs. EX and my kids with their Japanese passports, it's out of the question. If I could not buy things much more inexpensive in the U.S. than in Japan, I think I would never come back.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Wow, that's how much money someone can make with TSA?
"Callahan moved back to Boston in 2008 to become the number two TSA employee at Logan, making almost $100,000 more a year than when she started six years before".
Are you sitting down? Here's the Google cache for the job she just filled:

Federal Security Director Job in PHOENIX, AZ
Vacancy No. TSA-TSES-11-05
Department Transportation Security Administration
Salary $119,554.00 to $172,550.00
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

I am consumed with this matter for over 12 hours, all through the night, posting and talking to Mrs. EX. Am I sitting down? It's not the sitting, it's the stomach now. This just is outrageous. Can you imagine what the retirement payout will be? I am just about fed up with all of this. The story goes that she was some sort of Executive in the "real world" and then started as a blue shirt with TSA and worked her way up the ladder? About $ 50.00/hr to be in charge of antagonizing airline passengers? Besides "us" it includes innocent non U.S. citizens, where they don't even offer a transit situation like all other countries in the world do. What a world? Quite tilted in the wrong direction, or?
I posted and others did as well : No other country in the world, third world, autocratic and even dictatorship countries have ever treated me ( us ) as bad as the United States has and is doing it at any single day, in and out. And that is with a U.S. passport and a Green Card holder. Think about it, a Green Card costs a lot of money and requires a lot of documentation. Still, they treat Mrs. EX like dirt. The biggest country, the strongest country, the best country, the ??? country? Not really, or?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:43 pm

Are these blue uniforms even human? The narrative there suggests both irrationality and sociopathic lack of empathy. We know the Jihaders (Asian version of the Crusaders) are disgusted with American culture. And TSA seems determined to make every charge seem true.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
Are these blue uniforms even human? The narrative there suggests both irrationality and sociopathic lack of empathy. We know the Jihaders (Asian version of the Crusaders) are disgusted with American culture. And TSA seems determined to make every charge seem true.
It seems that all over the world a uniform makes the wearer of it feel superior.
When my mom stole potatoes from the fields after the war to keep us fed, there were always dozens of uniform wearers to tell on her, although they were in the same situation and as hungry as her. Seems to be the nature of the beast.
Strangely enough, in Japan any uniform bearer is easily accessible and always
revered. And cops never hide as in the rest of the world. Different culture, I guess. One more reason why I love it here.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:05 pm

This whole episode makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen who did this. And it makes me ashamed of the rest of the citizenry who go along with this.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Dystopia™
This whole episode makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen who did this. And it makes me ashamed of the rest of the citizenry who go along with this.
Yeh, they do seem to want to flout the ugliest side of the country. Fact is, I voted against the people who passed the Patriot Act, so I'm extra mad at where it has brought us to. Most treasonous act in my lifetime. It's Joe McCarthy blown up many times.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Dystopia™
Fortunately it is only a very small percentage that are doing it, but unfortunately it is people hired by the US Government, protected by the US Government, and paid wages with tax dollars from all the rest of us.

I guess complacency is easy as long as it happens to the other person. Most people are not even aware what is going on in America. We would never know of this story except that we read it here. We are just a tiny fraction of the population.

I don't know what it would take to get anyone to really notice what is going on, and truly care. The politicians are NOT to be trusted.

We are well on the way to a police state, and as long as people can watch "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars" they probably couldn't care less what else is happening around them.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pluma
Fortunately it is only a very small percentage that are doing it, but unfortunately it is people hired by the US Government, protected by the US Government, and paid wages with tax dollars from all the rest of us.

I guess complacency is easy as long as it happens to the other person. Most people are not even aware what is going on in America. We would never know of this story except that we read it here. We are just a tiny fraction of the population.

I don't know what it would take to get anyone to really notice what is going on, and truly care. The politicians are NOT to be trusted.

We are well on the way to a police state, and as long as people can watch "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars" they probably couldn't care less what else is happening around them.
I am so consumed with this and the injustice done to my family, my wife and M-I-L, that it is at a point where i cannot and refuse to comprehend this anymore. All my nightmares are coming true. For a person, a proud former PanAm pilot, who has traveled the world, the U.S. does indeed remind me of a totalitarian state, except that it is not advertised that way. I have been taking a lot of grief for the past years, but now the glass is too full. Enough is enough. Once it hits home, it hits the threshold.
From now on I will probably be triple x'd and quadruple checked, but that's o.k. Mrs. EX and I will be together and I can protect her.
I did let her down one single time,I let her fly alone and it created a really, really bad situation. That's on top of our bad situation with the earthquake and what followed. Who could have known???
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
This:

I appreciate it and Mrs. EX and Mother do as well, I know for sure.
We came for a very brief visit to shop because of all the food problems we currently experience in Japan. It turned out not to be such a nice trip.
just makes me sick. You folks are out shopping for groceries in other countries because your own food supply is tainted with radiation, and you're maltreated and robbed?!?!! Please know that LOTS of Americans are watching what is happening in Japan and worried about you and that we do NOT approve of what is happening with our government.

Have posted the whole sorry mess to my own Twitter/FB. Keeping hopes up for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.