Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Napolitano to consider exemptions for Muslim women?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Napolitano to consider exemptions for Muslim women?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
They don't even have to do that. They can make their fake passports say that they are 11, and just walk straight through security. Some TSOs are definitely thick enough to fall for the "oh, I have a growth defect" story :P
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The above use of "probably" is certainly based on nothing statistically significant.
Sure it is. If it were not for 9/11 we would not be subject to any of this security crap. There is only one group of people trying to blow up planes these days - islamo-fascists. Sure, it isn't politically correct to say that. But it doesn't change the truth.

Of course only a tiny # of women wearing veils subscribe to this nonsense. But that's a huge percentage compared with the number that don't wear veils.

Muslim families in the US tend to be have larger households than is typical in the US and so their children will continue to get harassed by DHS/TSA far more frequently than is typical for most Americans. Muslim Americans also are more likely to fly than most other demographic groups of like socio-economic status.

America's growth in tolerance for intolerance directed at people perceived to be believers in Islam is reflected in DHS/TSA actions toward such passengers too. Any claim about government favoritism of such minorities at US airports is written on tissue paper supplied by the crocodile tear manufacturers packaging bigotry for distribution.
Should they be singled out? Of course not. But they should not be given special privileges either. This nonsense will not stop until everyone (including congress and the president and his white house press corp) are subject to the same horrific TSA treatment. When they start feeling up Joe Lieberman's grandkids and they scream in front of him maybe he'll have a change of heart.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:07 am

Be a tiny bit CRAZY to exempt a class of people who might be most LIKELY to smuggle contraband on a plane. As I've said, now that I see the ALTERNATIVE to profiling, I'm liking profiling better every day.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:19 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some seem intent upon trying to spin her comment into some kind of special favoritism for just muslim women.
Like CAIR, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.