Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Napolitano to consider exemptions for Muslim women?

Old Nov 16, 10, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Tears

Shawn Hannity and Judge Napolitano just said on FoxNews that she was considering doing something so that they could fly without violating their beliefs. First I'd heard of this. Pissy said this afternoon that there would be no religious exceptions.
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:48 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by JSFox View Post
Shawn Hannity and Judge Napolitano just said on FoxNews that she was considering doing something so that they could fly without violating their beliefs. First I'd heard of this. Pissy said this afternoon that there would be no religious exceptions.
OMG this would be a disaster. There are a lot of instances of female bombers in religious garb in the middle east. This would be a violation of the seperationn of church and state.
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:48 pm

I heard about this too...it's just so wrong.

CAIR recommends Muslim women be exempt...
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:49 pm

I certainly hope that would apply to any woman who chooses modest dress, regardless of religious beliefs (and especially in light of the post regarding skirts)

Every woman (and every traveller) deserves to be treated with respect and with professionalism. Changing out of their clothes into a paper drape is not treating them with respect.
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:50 pm

If this happened, then everyone would be applying for the waiver and showing up at the AP in Muslim garb...
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSA is twisting in the wind. They need to shut up and retrench. Napolitano is an incompetent fool who should never have been handed this job.
Old Nov 16, 10, 7:56 pm
RVP

Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
TSA is twisting in the wind. They need to shut up and retrench. Napolitano is an incompetent fool who should never have been handed this job.
I agree.

If this is true, I think this is the beginning of the end for Napolitano. She comes across as a fool.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
AH!?! Excuse me Nappy.......I'm METHODIST......and my personal beliefs say I shouldn't be touched anywhere but on the top of my head. And my personal METHODIST beliefs also say I shouldn't have my penis looked at other than by my doctor.

Can I be excluded from being scanned or touched unappropriately too?

Old Nov 16, 10, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
What happened to Kippie saying that if you allow one group a break, then the terrorists will use that to their advantage?
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jucaam View Post
If this happened, then everyone would be applying for the waiver and showing up at the AP in Muslim garb...
I've seriously considered wearing a burkha from now on to the airport for the above reason.
Not all Muslims are of Middle Eastern ethnicity.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
What happened to Kippie saying that if you allow one group a break, then the terrorists will use that to their advantage?
Looks like the Secretary is going to make a liar of Pistole, since he clearly stated, in testimony before a committee of the Senate, that there would be no religious exceptions to screening and emphasized the point.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern View Post
I certainly hope that would apply to any woman who chooses modest dress, regardless of religious beliefs (and especially in light of the post regarding skirts)

Every woman (and every traveller) deserves to be treated with respect and with professionalism. Changing out of their clothes into a paper drape is not treating them with respect.
I completely agree.

Originally Posted by eyecue View Post
OMG this would be a disaster. There are a lot of instances of female bombers in religious garb in the middle east. This would be a violation of the seperationn of church and state.
It would not violate separation of church and state.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue View Post
I don't think you understand Constitutional amendments, or perhaps even the Constitution, or even local law, or Janet's authority .

We might need a FT contest to identify how many inaccuracies are contained in these three simple sentences.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:41 pm

Programs: TSA
I don't think you understand Constitutional amendments, or perhaps even the Constitution, or even local law, or Janet's authority .

We might need a FT contest to identify how many inaccuracies are contained in these three simple sentences.
The first amendment of the constitution says that: " Congress shall make no laws respecting and establishment of religion."
If the govt makes an exception for muslim women then they are violating that provision.
I can show you video of FSSB in traditional garb that relates to specific requirement due to religion.
Old Nov 16, 10, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This would be just the sort of crap the politically correct morons would fall for.

Wonder what Juan Williams would have to say about this brilliant idea...?

Amen to that....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: