Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Reuters poll Fri. Nov 12: Are new security screenings affecting your decision to fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reuters poll Fri. Nov 12: Are new security screenings affecting your decision to fly?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:50 am

It got picked up on boingboing.net. Probably really upped the number of responses.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Just voted. We have cancelled two trips to the US, four Business class tickets, and rebooked to go to Europe because my spouse declines to go though the TSA experience if she can avoid it. I cannot argue. I suspect airlines other than the vocal BA are experiencing changes in travel patterns but I wonder if they have the willingness to take a stand now.
Thank you. Please be vocal about your actions. Write to TSA, your airline, and the hotels you would have stayed at in the US, and let them know you have cancelled travel because of TSA policies.

You might also report your decision to appropriate US lawmakers. I suggest the House Subcommitte on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection:

http://www.contactingthecongress.org...merce_commerce

Thank you for cancelling and for taking this action.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:23 am

Just voted.

Yes - 97%, 17,484 Votes
No - 2%, 391 Votes
Undecided - 1%, 204 Votes
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:48 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
19,894 here!

Are you less likely to fly because of stepped-up security procedures such as full-body scans and patdowns?

* Yes - I will make alternate travel plans to avoid intrusive security scans and patdowns (97%, 19,253 Votes)
* No - It is a necessary procedure to ensure terror plots are thwarted (2%, 420 Votes)
* Undecided (1%, 221 Votes)

Total Voters: 19,894
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Here's a Brit who will be taking his vacation dollars to Asia rather than the USA - another small hit on the US economy.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I just mentioned this in another thread, but my wife and I are seriously considering canceling our tix to visit my folks over the holidays. The possibility of having our daughters (3 and 5) subjected either to radiation with an image of their naked bodies taken or an invasive and disgusting patdown is too much to bear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.