Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

What if the TSO performing the enhanced patdown is gay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What if the TSO performing the enhanced patdown is gay?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Each adult has a right to decide for themselves whether or not it's appropriate for another adult to contact their body in ___ way(s).
Agreed. I was just asking the poster why she feels it indecent for a male TSO to screen a female pax and was provided with a 3rd grade answer of 'because it's a guy'.

Is it still not rape if male person TSA hides his identity while using his penis to vaginally penetrates a woman who has only consented to sexual contact with some non-TSA person(s) XYZ yet is vaginally penetrated by TSA?

Informed consent helps avoid being convicted for rape, so apparently granting informed consent makes a difference.
Show me a story where a TSO took off his badge, convinced a woman to consent to sex with him, whipped his penis and vaginally penetrated a female, than put his badge back on and said "Ha! I'm actually a TSO!!". Then I'll have a base on which with to provide an answer.

Last edited by tkey75; Nov 9, 2010 at 3:15 pm Reason: finally made sense of your question.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tkey75
Agreed. I was just asking the poster why she feels it indecent for a male TSO to screen a female pax and was provided with a 3rd grade answer of 'because it's a guy'.
When it comes to concern about sexual assault and other forms of sexual objectification beyond the confines of correctional facilities in the US, isn't there a pretty good reason why women in the US fear men more than they fear women when it comes to unwanted touching? I am guessing it has something to do with the far higher probability of a woman being sexually attacked or otherwise sexually objectified by a man than the other permutations involving same-sex or opposite-sex contact.

Show me a story where a TSO took off his badge, convinced a woman to consent to sex with him, whipped his penis and vaginally penetrated a female, than put his badge back on and said "Ha! I'm actually a TSO!!". Then I'll have a base on which with to provide an answer.
It seems like I may have taken too much liberty with the use of double entendres in my prior post. I suggest re-reading my prior post while keeping in mind my use of "TSA" there is an identifier much like "XYZ" is.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 9, 2010 at 3:43 pm
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
When it comes to concern about sexual assault and other forms of sexual objectification beyond the confines of correctional facilities in the US, isn't there a pretty good reason why women in the US fear men more than they fear women when it comes to unwanted touching? I am guessing it has something to do with the far higher probability of a woman being sexually attacked or otherwise sexually objectified by a man than the other permutations involving same-sex or opposite-sex contact.
I conclude the government makes no distinction between a patdown at a correctional facility and an airport checkpoint. In many instances, an airport security check is even more invasive than at certain correctional facilities. Therefore, it's no difference who does the security check - mon/woman, woman/man.

Why would I have to show that? Try re-reading my post while keeping in mind that in my prior post "TSA" is just an identifier like "XYZ" is in the same post. Having fun with the double entendre?
No, just not responding to your first post in this thread, which I just read. We're not talking about vaginal penetration here, just an airport frisking - but yet there's still no report of any vaginal penetration at any checkpoint. Maybe it comes to that to get a sexual misconduct (okay, call it rape at that point), but as for now, it's government sanctioned, whether a man or woman performs the enhanced patdown. So again, why does it matter what gender performs it?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:59 pm
Suspended

I conclude the government makes no distinction between a patdown at a correctional facility and an airport checkpoint. In many instances, an airport security check is even more invasive than at certain correctional facilities.
I'm sure there's less and less distinction between how prisoners are treated and how passengers are treated by the US government.

Therefore, it's no difference who does the security check - mon/woman, woman/man.
I see your conclusion, I just don't see how you reached your conclusion based on what you posted earlier in the same paragraph.

No, just not responding to your first post in this thread, which I just read. We're not talking about vaginal penetration here, just an airport frisking - but yet there's still no report of any vaginal penetration at any checkpoint. Maybe it comes to that to get a sexual misconduct (okay, call it rape at that point), but as for now, it's government sanctioned, whether a man or woman performs the enhanced patdown. So again, why does it matter what gender performs it?
I'm talking about the relevance of informed consent to physical contact regardless of the physical contact involving vaginal penetration or not. It generally matters when it comes to physical contact.

Just because something is government sanctioned doesn't really move me one way or another as government engages in all sorts of disgusting filth.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 9, 2010 at 4:22 pm
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:06 pm

Yes. Exactly.

While male PAX may not mind (or even prefer) a female TSO (regardless of her sexual orientation) to pat them down, I doubt that most female PAX would prefer a male TSO. I doubt it very much.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:18 pm

Yeah? And??

What if the hands came out of a box and you didn't get to know the gender of the owner of the hands doing the pat down? Would it make a difference?
This is one of the two reasons I would never be in a scanner.

I just dont accept and will not be touched by a stranger. Period.

Ok.
To me it is very indecent to be touched by a TSO male and all over other males. Unless it is ok with me.
It is also indecent to me to be touched by an TSO female.
But less since it is a female.

If I say it ok it is not.
But since I will NEVER say it is ok. It is indecent.

But both makes me to be insulted and sick to even think about it.

Each to their own.
If you dont care if it male/female TSO who does the pat down on you.
Fine that is you and up to you.

But me and a lot of other people do care.
So you have actually no rite to question me. I dont question you and your desicion.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 12, 2010 at 2:01 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by goalie
So if a male pax must be screened by a male TSO and a female pax must be screened by a female TSO.....

Can a male pax ask the sexual orientation of a male TSO and vv for a female TSO?

What if the male TSO is gay and the male pax has an objection to that?

Not being a homophobe as I am far from it but think about it. In this situation, it might be the TSO getting wood and not the pax.
Valid concern. You would have to rely on the officer to be honest though and there is no way to tell. Though it is kinda like a doctor, there is no effect on them after a while.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eyecue
Valid concern. You would have to rely on the officer to be honest though and there is no way to tell. Though it is kinda like a doctor, there is no effect on them after a while.
No concern that the desensitization arising from frequent sexual contact may result in seeking heightened sexual adventurism? It shouldn't be a surprise that the intimate, "frisky" behavior results in TSA employees becoming more interested in same-sex adventurism.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
What if the hands came out of a box and you didn't get to know the gender of the owner of the hands doing the pat down? Would it make a difference?
Just how creepy are you trying to make the checkpoint experience?

Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by eyecue
Actually I disagree - this is not a valid concern. An it's why many of the views and members of the site are collectively ignored.

Amazed that this is a thread.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SATTSO
Actually I disagree - this is not a valid concern. An it's why many of the views and members of the site are collectively ignored.

Just wait until Peggy Noonan gets her next TSA critique published in one of the leading national papers.

The TSA is getting the criticism it deserves here and increasingly elsewhere.

Welcome to more and more TSA "news": "TSA making sex workers obsolete."
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SATTSO

The reason I started this thread was after reading this thread but kinda in reverse. Personally, I think it's a valid issue and a valid question for a person to ask to another if that other person is about to grab their crotch. How do we, the traveling public know what is and what is not a sufficient search of the crotch* with the open palm as the TSA and many Line TSO's simply state that the answer is SSI and thus we (again, the traveling public) are left in the dark without an answer.

*In other words, how long is the hand going to be exploring the crotch before a pax says, "OK, you can let go now"
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Never mind the screener. I wonder what they would do if Pat needed a pat-down.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:51 pm

The reason I started this thread was after reading this thread but kinda in reverse. Personally, I think it's a valid issue and a valid question for a person to ask to another if that other person is about to grab their crotch. How do we, the traveling public know what is and what is not a sufficient search of the crotch* with the open palm as the TSA and many Line TSO's simply state that the answer is SSI and thus we (again, the traveling public) are left in the dark without an answer.

*In other words, how long is the hand going to be exploring the crotch before a pax says, "OK, you can let go now"
It is a valid point that you brought up.

Cause now we dont now if it is a agy person taking their chances.
A child molester doing their thing.
Or a rapist doing their thing.

How do we The Passenger now that the TSO is just doing their job.
Or doing something else.

Seems like TSO cant get Away with a lot.

Not that I am against guys. My best male friend is gay.

I just dont want to be used and sexually harrassed.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Oh for the love of cryin' out loud! There are very few advantages to being a short female but I have to admit, as the aforementioned short female, I have often felt fortunate not to "get" this type of phobia. I've been patted down/searched by women who were pretty obviously "of an alternative lifestyle" and you know what? Didn't hurt a bit. Who cares. Is it really about the person searching you or is it about your ego? Get over yourself. The lesbian/gay person searching you is NOT interested in you, any more than your lesbian/gay med tech is interested in you. It's at work. They're wishing they were somewhere else with someone younger and better looking.

A male pax is screened by a male/a female pax is screened by a female to humor the people w/ serious hang-ups...but in the real world, a female doctor can have a male patient, a male doctor can have a female patient, and eventually it will have to filter down to where we treat everybody on the job with respect until such time as they prove they don't deserve the job/respect.

You talk about the person "grabbing your crotch." OK, but if you're a woman, every single year you go to the doctor and have a person grab your crotch. Many of us have had OB/gyns who are of the opposite sex for DECADES...and somehow we have not cracked up from being touched by a black person/male person/etcetera person. When I hire someone to do a job (screen my airline, check out my cooties) I'm not interested in his or her sex life. I just want him or her to do the job, OK?

So if a male pax must be screened by a male TSO and a female pax must be screened by a female TSO.....

Can a male pax ask the sexual orientation of a male TSO and vv for a female TSO?

What if the male TSO is gay and the male pax has an objection to that?

Not being a homophobe as I am far from it but think about it. In this situation, it might be the TSO getting wood and not the pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.