Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you put your shoes back on?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Did it ever occur to you that people might not want to walk even a few feet shoeless on the filthy floors?
Yes it did.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
I avoid this altogether by wearing slip on shoes with no laces. I can pretty much just shove my foot in as I get to the end of the line and go about my business.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
1) I've always felt it inappropriate to put your feet on ANY table, checkpoint or otherwise.
2) Slip-on shoes FTW (er, internet lingo meaning "for the win")
3) In ICN, they make you remove your shoes, but also give you slippers to wear through the checkpoint. Nice.
4) If you're worried about germs in the bins, try this.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phedre
I avoid this altogether by wearing slip on shoes with no laces. I can pretty much just shove my foot in as I get to the end of the line and go about my business.
+1 here,

For me, I like to wear a comfortable pair of slip on loafers when I fly, they are the first item to go through the X-Ray, so they are usually back on my feet before the next item, my laptop has even come out of the X-Ray machine.

Mr. Elliott
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mikemey
I'd have told them I'll take my foot down as soon as you change your gloves and clean your table before you touch my CPAP.

One day I'm gonna get put on a list...I so see it coming. lol
FWIW - I NEVER allow them to touch my CPAP without cleaning the table and changing their gloves... AND, my CPAP is placed into a bin with a baggie on it that is tossed after the screening.

As to the Lysol, I really do not need to be carrying around any additional liquids, but great idea!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta, United
That which does not kill you makes you strong ... this thread sounds like a bunch germ-ophobs who love/hate to fly. Kinda of like when I fly to Asia and half people on the plane are wearing masks which they take off half way through.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
That which does not kill you makes you strong ... this thread sounds like a bunch germ-ophobs who love/hate to fly. Kinda of like when I fly to Asia and half people on the plane are wearing masks which they take off half way through.
No, I think that's just wrong to be strip-searched by the government for wanting to fly a commercial common carrier.

In earlier times, government actors who attempted such disgusting actions would have been dealt with most harshly. It's a disgrace that this activity occurs and is legally condoned.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
In the summer flip flops are the best for travel (for pleasure) and in the winter I like slip on moccasins.

If I'm travelling on business, I always wear shoes without shoelaces.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
That which does not kill you makes you strong ...

Allow me to be pedantic:
“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
Friedrich Nietzsche.

He might have been saying this about DHS/TSA:
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”
Miss Manners would be appalled at someone putting their foot on a table later used by other people. What if your mother was the next one in line?

That said, I would personally grant dispensation as long as it wasn't for personal convenience, but primarily to annoy the TSA.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by birdstrike
Miss Manners would be appalled at someone putting their foot on a table later used by other people. What if your mother was the next one in line?
I would tell her to tie my shoes for me.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I would tell her to tie my shoes for me.
If you are tall enough to put your foot on the table, that would be wrong.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:25 pm

I travel with slipons. Who wants to tie shoelaces in that situation?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:20 pm

I ALWAYS change to bedroom slippers to walk through the metal detector. If my regular shoes are lace ups, I ask for a chair if there is not one available. My ear damage has ruined my balance so I can't put on shoes standing up, but even if I could I wouldn't - it's undignified and awkward.

I always to to be polite and treat others the way I would like to be treated, but I take no crap from anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.