Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you put your shoes back on?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
A gentleman never puts his feet on the table.
Gentleman? Who said we were talking about gentlemen? I thought we were talking about passengers?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by SATTSO
That wouldn't work, Spiff. I know, because I've had a passenger tell me that. And here is why, even if you don't like it. The tables are for screening, and if I need to screen another passengers property, you are now interfering with the screening process. In the situation I was involved in the LEO backed me up, and the passenger received a warning from the LEO.
I'd have my shoes on before then and I use the roller table post x-ray, where you do not paw through others' bags.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by mikemey
I could comment, but I'll bite my tongue - its like being in a checkpoint.
You can say whatever you want. Personally, I am very appreciative of the job I have, and how it is supported by public taxes. It's one reason why I treat people the way I do, and hold up other employees to a high standards - I have almost gotten in trouble for calling-out employees for being rude or lazy at work in front if passengers. No not professional of me, but those employs need to know how they treat people is wrong - and the passenger needs to see someone on my side recognize it and not accept it.

And if you don't realize, it is very possible to ask people to remove their feet from a table in a kind, polite way.

Originally Posted by Spiff
I'd have my shoes on before then and I use the roller table post x-ray, where you do not paw through others' bags.
Gotcha. However, not sure if your familiar with SAT, but without having been there for that incident today, I'm positive that the OP put their feet on an ETD table.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 14, 2010 at 1:33 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:19 pm

Gotcha. However, not sure if your familiar with SAT, but without having been there for that incident today, I'm positive that the OP put their feet on an ETD table.
I stay off those as they're too far down the line.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:41 pm

i'd have to side with tsa on this one. putting your nasty-just-walked-thru-a-urine-soaked-bathroom shoes on the screening table where my belongings are about to rifled through by a tsa goon is something i'd rather not see.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sctn8gp
i'd have to side with tsa on this one. putting your nasty-just-walked-thru-a-urine-soaked-bathroom shoes on the screening table where my belongings are about to rifled through by a tsa goon is something i'd rather not see.
Then shoes should remain on passengers' feet where they belong.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: OnePass
In the same vein, I don't wanna put my sock feet where your urine soaked shoe bottoms have been before you put the shoes in the bin.

If the shoes remain on our feet, like the rest of the world does it, then no problem.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by clark_addison
Today I was putting on my shoes alongside the metal table where you collecty your items.
Would that metal table be at the end of the line from the x-ray machine or would it be separate from it? If the former, then I would agree with the OP and if the latter, then I would agree with SATTSO.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
I stay off those as they're too far down the line.
+1 - I stand right where the exit feed cage dumps out to the open rollers. My shoes are the second item through (my backpack being first) and are removed from the belt and placed on my feet usually about the time my laptop bin (my third item through) is passing out of the x-ray machine. I get "scolded" by BWI TSO to "move down, so that other people may use the space" almost every time I fly, which I ignore.

I will move away from the outfeed once my shoes are on my feet and ALL of my items are under my definitive control. If the TSO wants to call a damn LEO for that, good for them. It is certainly within their power to do so (note to several posters on here, I said power, not right, as government personnel do not have rights when acting under color of authority).
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Then don't fly, since those nasty-just-walked-thru-a-urine-soaked-bathroom shoes have also been either in the bins you are using or on the belt your stuff was just on anyway...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Then don't fly, since those nasty-just-walked-thru-a-urine-soaked-bathroom shoes have also been either in the bins you are using or on the belt your stuff was just on anyway...
true, but the things taken from my bag and put on the screening table have a better chance of ending up in my mouth than my laptop, shoes, or carry-on.

Last edited by sctn8gp; Sep 14, 2010 at 2:46 pm
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: OnePass
true, the things taken from my bag and put on the screening table have a better chance of ending up in my mouth than my laptop, shoes, or carry-on.
Now imagine those nasty shoes and my CPAP equipment touching it.

Sufficiently skeeved out yet?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:10 pm

Then shoes should remain on passengers' feet where they belong.
no argument here with that! ^
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:24 pm
Suspended

He didn't sit on the table, he put his foot on it. And i would tell him toremove his foot too. And i have every right to have him remove his foot. The tables are for screening - and yes, I have gotten a LEO when a pax refused to get off a table. Pax lost that one.

But for those of you who do not know, both checkpoints at SAT have multiple chairs, MANY more chairs just a few feet further (and yes, it's surprising hiw many many people don't see those chairs even though they are in plain sight). And we have provided benches at both checkpoint. I often see people sitting on the ground to put on their shoes, and when I point out the chairs or benches to them, it's only then they realize they are there are available. Hidden out in the open, I guess....
Did it ever occur to you that people might not want to walk even a few feet shoeless on the filthy floors?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Did it ever occur to you that people might not want to walk even a few feet shoeless on the filthy floors?
Or remove their shoes at all to satisfy irrational TSA perversity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.