Switching back and forth

Old Apr 13, 04, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Switching back and forth

Say I was on Sprint last year and earned all the bonus United Mileage Plus points, then switched to AT&T for all the Delta bonus Skymiles, would I be able to enroll again with Sprint and receive the bonus United Mileage Plus points all over? Essentially, can you switch back and forth every 6 months to maximize earning points on the same two airlines? I apologize if this issue has already been addressed, but couldnt find any answers anywhere. Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 04, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
I have switched phone companies so often for bonuses that I don't even know which one I'm using at any given time. The best deals were MCI with AA. Got so many miles...it was great. I am now on my third Sprint with America West contract. As soon as I get all the miles I will go back to AT&T with Delta.
Old May 13, 04, 4:42 pm

Really? I switched back and forth with AT&T and they didn't credit me with the entire bonus miles the 2nd time because I got some bonus miles the 1st time already (I was told).

i.e
* 1st time signing up: got 5K USAir
* switch to another phone company
* 2nd time signing up for a 10K promo: only got 5K because I already got 5K the 1st time

Has anybody else gotten this treatment?
Old May 15, 04, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Yes, that happened to me with AT&T. The only reason I got 5000 miles instead of the 10000 was because I signed up for their local service (which I never previously enrolled in). The lady on the phone said I could not get the long-distance bonus until 12 months had passed. What made it interesting is that I switched from AT&T (Delta) to MCI (Southwest) back to AT&T (AA) -- the 5000 miles I got with Delta precluded me from getting 5000 miles with AA!

Originally Posted by FFSaver
Really? I switched back and forth with AT&T and they didn't credit me with the entire bonus miles the 2nd time because I got some bonus miles the 1st time already (I was told).

i.e
* 1st time signing up: got 5K USAir
* switch to another phone company
* 2nd time signing up for a 10K promo: only got 5K because I already got 5K the 1st time

Has anybody else gotten this treatment?

Search this Thread