Does Sprint Have a "Minimum Stay" Requirement?

Old Sep 7, 03, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HH, SPG
Does Sprint Have a "Minimum Stay" Requirement?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Sprint LD charges a fee if you switch away from them in less than 12 months. I did a search of the posts on Sprint but couldn't find it.

Since I am no longer getting any bonus miles, I would like to switch and put some bonus miles in another airline account, but I have only been with Sprint for about 8 months. Does anyone know if I will get hit with an extra fee? Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 03, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
since this is about Sprint...I am moving it to..you guessed it..SPRINT!

thanks for your cooperation

squeakr

Mod UAL
Old Sep 9, 03, 9:49 pm

I am currently earning UA miles with Sprint LD.

You have several choices (AS, HP, HA, YX, UA, US, & VA)
No matter who you choose, it's 6K miles.

http://shop.sprint.com/residential/voiceservices/airlines/airlines.jsp?bmUID=1063165 145343

[This message has been edited by relaxedPax (edited 09-09-2003).]
Old Sep 10, 03, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but I guess I didn't phrase my question clearly. I have already received my 6000 miles with UA and I am going to switch phone companies in order to get miles in another airline account, probably AT&T with AA.

I thought I remembered reading that if you switch away from Sprint to another LD phone company in less than 1 year, you have to pay a fee to Sprint for switching early. Is that correct?
Old Sep 13, 03, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
I have switched from Sprint after 6 to 8 months and have never been charged a fee. Call them if you feel uncomfotable.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
Thanks, but I guess I didn't phrase my question clearly. I have already received my 6000 miles with UA and I am going to switch phone companies in order to get miles in another airline account, probably AT&T with AA.

I thought I remembered reading that if you switch away from Sprint to another LD phone company in less than 1 year, you have to pay a fee to Sprint for switching early. Is that correct?
</font>
Old Sep 14, 03, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks - I think I'll just go ahead and switch.
Old Sep 14, 03, 12:54 pm

Sprint won't charge you a fee, but your telco (the one who provides you your local service) will. I switched from Sprint after less than a month because my local telco offered me a much better deal as part of a local package, Sprint charged me no fee, and my bonus miles posted 8 weeks later!
Old Sep 15, 03, 9:33 am

And when you switch, after hearing all the good things about your new plan from the salesrep, make sure to ask if they will cover the cost of the switch. They almost always give you something for that, but sometimes you need to ask in order to get it.
Old Sep 15, 03, 6:30 pm

To receive a $5 credit for switching, go to www.sprintbiz.com/redeem ,enter your customer # and Redemption Code EFA
Old Oct 12, 03, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA P4L, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
When you switch away from Sprint, do you just call the new company and ask for service, or do you also need to call Sprint and tell them to cancel your account?

------------------
Middle_Seat

Search this Thread