Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles posting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2002, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Miles posting

What is the general experience in the posting of miles with Sprint? I signed up for the 40k bonus miles with them with NWA some time back and have found them to be very poor in their postings. Is this the norm?
Old Feb 5, 2002, 5:15 pm

I've had pretty good luck so far. Fist two 10,000 mile posts have been on time. Hope luck holds out for the final two. All 250 bonus mile posts for NW WP have also posted ok.

Although I did have problems with the Sprint prepaid calling card. What a scam that was.
Old Feb 8, 2002, 8:40 pm

I'm having good luck so far with the postings for the 40K program. The last time we had Sprint (I think it was for a 20,000K promo) we had a problem with one posting. We had to argue a bit but they fixed it. I've had more problems with the accuracy of Sprint's per minute rates than anything else. Because of that, I use One Suite for all my long distance calls. That way, I only have to pay Sprint the monthly fee.
Old Feb 9, 2002, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I finally spoke with a fairly friendly rep(compared to say an airline service rep) who basically told me my posting schedule was off one month. We'll see about that since I just went X months since the last posting. Oh well, I should expect to work a little for 40k (80k actually since I signed my wife up as well).
Old Feb 20, 2002, 9:40 am

The miles are posting correctly, however,
Sprint is adding a "frequent flyer surcharge"
of $5.04 to my bill each month...this was
not part of the original agreement..

Has anyone investigated the charge...
(It still seems relatively cheap for
40,000 miles)
Old Feb 20, 2002, 1:42 pm

I've had no problems so far.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 2:45 pm

The surcharge was in the small print of the original agreement. I think it is $1 per 1000 miles.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 7:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Could someone please post the "mileage schedule" for this offer? I am on it, and have received some miles, but I think some are missing. I can't find the original offer. THANKS

Old Feb 24, 2002, 11:08 am

40,000 miles, as follows; 5k miles within 8 weeks of your 1st and 4th invoices; 10K within 8 weeks of your 8th, 12th and 18th invoices.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 2:57 am

No need to pay $5.95 monthly. There are two ways to avoid it:
1. If you have Sprint PCS too, they have a program that will waive long distance monthly fees.
2. Go to their website, sigh up for Interner-only account, this one gives multiple discounts, sum of them suppose to be equal to the fee. I had to email to CC reps once or twice, but it works for me now.
Still got to pay taxes, though - two something monthly, more when they post miles.
Overall - the best phone company miles posting I've seen in a last few years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.