Calling Pakistan?!

Old Sep 1, 01, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Banned, Marriott Plat, UA 1K MM,
Calling Pakistan?!

I Want to know if people have been having problems with their sprint FONCARD I noticed my bills were really high... Finally this month I thought about it and looked at my bill. Well about five calls from Nevada to California, were billed as calls from NV to Pakistan, at about $9 a minute!! Also some calls from Denver were about $4 a minute, yet KS was $1 a minute.. Also Quintana Roo MX was over $4 a minute, when the operator qouted about $1! These damm $$$'s add up! I need a new LD company, and a new Cell phone cause my NK6190 doesn't roam in some places worth Sh*t,I think I will buy a world phone. calling cards are killing me.....
Old Sep 1, 01, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
I just had the same problem with sprint calling South Africa. They charge over $3.50 a minute . I was calling my daughter while she and her husband were traveling there. The day I got the $200. phone bill I switched to MCI for the AA 20/20 partner and bought 125 minutes from Priceline for $40. dollars. When I taught school in Karachi 20 years ago we did not even have a phone. Probably best because I would have had a big phone bill as we taught school there for 2 years.
Try Priceline.
Old Oct 3, 01, 2:53 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Sprint, AT&T, and MCI all have an International Calling Plan with a fee of $3 or so per month. I know details only of the MCI plan: Plan Rates apply to 1. calls from home, 2. MCI Card calls from anywhere in the USA, 3. MCI Card calls TO anyone in the USA FROM a foreign country, and 4. Collect calls placed via the MCI Operator from abroad and received/accepted at the subscriber's US home. I love it so much that I passed up the Sprint/NW 40K promo.
Old Oct 4, 01, 12:34 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
You can get the details of most rate plans for calling international destinations at http://abtolls.com/intrates.htm

Cheers!

------------------
Check Inventory Availability without a password by fare inventory code at http://flyaow.com/class.htm
Old Oct 8, 01, 2:11 pm

try www.onesuite.com

they generally has the lowest international rates. South Africa is $0.32 / min, Pakistan is $0.68 / min.

Search this Thread