More Miles for the same bill

Old Jul 8, 99, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
The first month I was with them only 5000 miles went to DL. That was because the other two lines were late getting switched. Next month 15,000 miles in one lump, same day.
We'll take what they will give us, RIGHT?
Old Jul 12, 99, 8:47 am
Original Member

I have tried to put both of my phone lines to the same frequent flyer account and I was told NO. I have now changed one of my lines to my name and one to my husbands. But, they are both billed to the same address. Do you think this will work to get the miles to just one frequent flyer account? My husband doesn't have an account.
Old Jul 12, 99, 11:12 am
Original Poster

cmwdjw:

Here's a good way to check without having an MCI operator clawing through your account and possibly noticing something they don't like. Sign up at https://www.mci.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/oam.woa to view your account online. Your "Partner Program" is clearly indicated with logos, etc. There is a chart indicating point transfers and dates there as well. You'll have to sign up both account seperately with different passwords, but if both show up with the airline of your choice, I'd say you'll get them where you're wanting them to go.

Hope that helps! http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Mahalo brudda!
www.hotshirts.com

Old Jul 12, 99, 2:41 pm

fyi - MCI does not post the extra miles - those will come from the credit card - MCI will only give the normal 5 miles per dollar spent - if you use a credit card that gives miles for charges, you will get those also.
Old Jul 12, 99, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

intheknow is intheknow.

Those extra miles won't show up on your MCI online account manager, only the normal 5 and any extra bonuses you have. The extra miles from MCI are actually credited to you after each bill is sent out and paid.

Thanks for the clarification, intheknow!

------------------
Mahalo brudda!
www.hotshirts.com

Old Jul 12, 99, 5:11 pm

thanks for the site info, wanderlust...
Old Aug 10, 99, 11:02 am
Original Member

Wanderlust, Thanks for the tip about viewing points online. Slick and easy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: