Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AT&T LOCAL SERVICE and CO One Pass Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2002, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
AT&T LOCAL SERVICE and CO One Pass Miles?

Has anyone added AT&T LOCAL service?
I have ATT LONG Distance service now via Continental One Pass!

Am a bit confused with all the different priced plans? The agent was helpful but said the CO Ex92424 was not one of the option connections. I would like to get the CO miles on the combined bill.

There should be a savings on the combined or one billing And I would like to get the miles on the full bill.

I assume the service is GOOD and doesn't fall under the Customer Disservice rating! The only extra I wanted was Voice Mail and Long Distance at the lowest monthly rate. Strange that a seperate Long Distance charge of $2.95 is necessary with the ATT Local service! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif
Old Dec 2, 2002, 10:11 am

Can't help you with the details of the plan -- it depends on the offer, state, etc.

I can tell you that as an AT&T Local / LD customer, I receive CO FF miles for the LD portion of the bill, local portion of the bill, but not for voicemail. I'm told the reasons had to do with state regulations.

If you set up an online cusotmer service account with online billing, you can eliminate the $2.95 monthly fee and enroll in an LD plan with 5 cent weekends, 9 cent weekdays anytime of day. No monthly fee, but minimum usage of $5/month.

Also, I found their online customer service to be more responsive than calling. Hope this helps.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Dec 3, 2002, 7:56 pm
ski

Have flyer mailing-ADD AT&T LOCAL SERVICE TO YOUR LONG DISTANCE- You're already earning OnePass miles with every qualifying AT&T Long Distance call you make from home....earn miles on your local calls too. It's easy: Sign up for AT&T Local Service. Earn 5000 bonus miles (1000 miles each month for 5 months). Earn 5 miles for every $1 spent on qualifing AT&T local calls (must remain an AT&T local and long distance customer and member of AT&T/OnePass program to receive your miles). For $25 per month (earns you 125 onepass miles), AT&T local service gives you unlimited local calling plus Caller ID and any 2 of these: call waiting, 3 way calling, call forwarding, and call screening. Sign up for AT&T Local Service call 1-888-297-2351, ext. 24834
Old Dec 5, 2002, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

The only thing I wanted added was the Voice Mail at $6.95 per month and the Budget 40 local calls per month at about $8.95 a month with the Long distance.

I find the Caller ID the biggest nonaddition, since over 50% of the callers have blocked ID! It is highway robbery, what they charge for it. Many people don't bother to unblock their number to call you and worse won't leave a message, when you are not home. It should be a FREE service!

I get the feeling, that I am being begged to take out new mortgages every day and to get a Nokia cell phone!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 6, 2002, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One day my local phone company called, offering me caller ID. I said that if I had wanted it, I would already have it, and that if I should ever change my mind, I knew how to contact them. (My typical response to a telemarketer's solicitation.) The phone company rep then said, but what I am offering now is brand new, caller ID combined with blocker rejection. I said words to the effect of, "so in other words, you have customers paying for caller ID, and then you have other customers paying you for the right to not be identified by the other customer's Caller ID, and now you are offering that first group, for yet more money, the right to block calls by the second group?" I was upset at how the phone company is playing both groups against each other, and taking money from both. Therefore, I said, "so in essence, you are offering me the ability to reject calls from telemarketers." The rep confirmed this. "And you made a telemarketing call to me in order to let me know this." Again, the rep confirmed this. I said, "I don't need Caller ID Blocker Rejection in order to avoid telemarketing calls, all I need is to ask to be added to that firm's DO NOT CALL list. Which is what I am now asking you to do. Add me to YOUR do not call list." The phone company hasn't bothered me since. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:04 pm
ski

I called the extension when considering whether or not to switch to their local service. I did not want the caller id, the price was less depending on what features I chose. I don't think you have to choose the $25 package to get the bonus for switching. The package is listed on the right side of the flier mailing and the switch bonus part on the left. I would call and give the ext. and ask if you can get the switch bonus with what you want, and if you decide to do it, Document first name and employee number of person you talk to and their supervisor and their employee number. 5 phone calls later I am still trying to get the starwood points to post for a at&t online billing bonus.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

I signed up for the Voice Mail and surprised to receive some kind of call identifier like the Caller ID only more complicated. I prefer the Voice mail you call into and listened to the calls recorded. It maybe time to dust of the answering machines and save the $6.95 for lunch. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I signed up for their local and LD service recently to get AA miles. The LD miles and bonuses appeared pretty quickly, but now Im having problems getting them to post the local bonus miles. What a pain...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.