Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skymiles/AT&T LD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Delta Skymiles/AT&T LD

Large ad in todays NYTimes - Switch to get 5000 miles or enroll for existing customers.
Call 1-800-354-8800 ext 29656

( I already have AT&T LD so I figured Id enroll)

So I call and get a recording saying.

"You have reached the call interactive test line. Please enter your 10 digit number"
I hang up and try again. Same thing.

What gives?
Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:33 am

It seems to be working OK now. I got a greeting "Thank you for calling the AT&T Skymiles....etc."
Old Oct 3, 2002, 8:01 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if I can get the 5,000 Delta miles for all three lines switched in the same household?

In other words, is there any restriction that only one offer per household is allowed?

Also, anyone out there familar with credit card billing with AT&T?
Old Oct 3, 2002, 8:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
Also, anyone out there familar with credit card billing with AT&T?</font>
I pay AT&T with credit card:
1) Cell phone: AT&T deducts the monthly fee automatic.
2) Home phone: Get an e-mail from AT&T and pay AT&T over the internet. Should have gotten 2,000 Starwood Points to sign on, never received them.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
Does anyone know if I can get the 5,000 Delta miles for all three lines switched in the same household?

In other words, is there any restriction that only one offer per household is allowed?...
</font>
I have found that if the phone lines are separately billed, then you can receive the promo for each of the lines. I have three lines at home, each of which is separately billed. SBC is always trying to get me to consolidate the bills for "my bill paying convenience". Hah, don't they know that my pursuit of miles will always trump "their" convenience (and we all know that the phone companies could care less about anything that is a convenience for thier customers. If they are trying to push anything for conveniece, we all know whose convenience it is, thiers not ours.).

Old Oct 9, 2002, 12:23 pm

In other words, is there any restriction that only one offer per household is allowed?

</font>
I have done it in the past. We have two phone lines in the house, and each one has had a separate sign up bonus, even LD company. Just make sure that when you sign up initially, and they ask if you have any other lines in the house (that you would like to sign up), say "No." By law, you can have a different LD carrier on each phone line, if you wish, even though they are all part of one account with your phone co. Thus, I think you can have three separate AT&T accounts for the lines. I am not 100% sure of this, so please correct me if I am wrong, but this has been my experience. The drawback to this is that you end up paying fees separately for each line, which can be quite pricey in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.