Community
Wiki Posts
Search

in-state connection fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2001, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
in-state connection fee

I got a postcard from AT&T today that they will start charging me $1.95 monthly "in-state connection fee". I'm in Texas.

My current plan is one-rate online where I pay 9 cents per minute 24/7, with no monthly fee or minimum. I also pay $1/month for international one-rate, which lowers those rates.

I don't make too many long distance calls, and even with the $1 fee, my typical LD bill is $2 - $3, and occasionally less than $2.

So naturally, the prospect of an additional $1.95 fee irks me. Especially since it's to help ATT pay for in-state calls, which I pretty much never make.

Any ideas on avoiding this fee? Or if I can't, any suggestions of other plans with no fees or minimums? They don't need to earn miles, just be cheap http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/redface.gif

[This message has been edited by swag (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old Sep 8, 2001, 5:16 pm

It sounds as though you make so few LD calls that an alternatve carrier such as
http://www.onesuite.com/ may be of little use
to you. You would still be charged this connection fee since this is a "dial around"
service with AT&T remaining your LD provider.
Have you checked with MCI or Sprint to see if
they have similar charges? You also could get
miles {check recent posts to find the best
programs at this time}.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.